1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Great Little Truck
By irmen on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I am just finishing up my 2nd lease of a Ranger and would recommend it to anyone. They are great little trucks - they are not off-roaders, but that's not what I was looking for. It sits great, feels great, and has had no problems at all. Granted, I have not put it through the ringer, but for getting around town, long road trips, and moving several times, it has been wonderful!

Ford Ranger
By scho0591 on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Great looking truck, good value. The engine is a little weak, However, I did pull a 19 foot Bayliner boot without a problem.

1999 ranger xlt 4dr
By Rah on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Ive had nothing but problems with my ford inc, fire in electical, front suspension problems, engine pings, abs doesnt work all the time!

A Great Truck!
By spencer on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Since owning my baby, I've never had a problem. I love my truck and have taken it just about everywhere. For a small truck, it can pull quite a bit. The only drawback I have noticed is the fuel economy, but there is a price to pay with everything! After driving a Toyota with no power at all, I knew that this was the truck for me!

A Great Truck!
By Spencer on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Very Good Truck
By MREd on 06/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I don't understand what some of the other reviewers are talking about bad gas mileage? mine is better than my friends toyota. Quality? it is great. Recalls what recalls? Ive had one service bulletin. 4wd might had some problems but not 2wd's

Great Reliable Little Truck
By goldencrazy on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I bought this truck for two reasons: looks and usefulness. I really like unloading a few bags of horse feed or several bales of hay without having to climb up into the truck to get the items out. This truck handles well, looks great and is a ball to drive. My other truck is for real - a F-350 dually turbo diesel - but this little guy is too handy to dismiss!

Ok Truck but only Ok
By mARIETTA on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Not much fun to drive and the 3.0 does not have very much power. But it's a good value and holds it's value pretty well. Watch for the special finance and lease programs, they can turn a good value into a darn good deal.

Great First Truck
By jfmq123 on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is my first truck and I could not ask for a better one. I have lowered the truck with ease. I have three 12 inch audiobahn subwoofers in the back with a custom box that fits perfect. It still drives like a stock truck.I also have put a K&N air filter on it(it really does give it more power).I am still under construction on this truck.I plan on body dropping it with air bags. I have recently purchased a set of 20 inch Billet Specialtie Rims for it. I am having a small problem getting them to tuck under the fender wells, but I am going to send it to the Drop Shop in Kentucky(great shop)to get them to cut the fender wells. That is why I rate this truck a 10.

Total Recall
By PGW on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

The only reason I went to the Ranger, after having so many excellent Toyota FWDs, was cost. I've put only 25,000 miles on my Ranger, and it has performed well. It does well in the snow and offroad, and is very comfortable on the highway. My biggest problem is with the gas mileage, but I knew that before I bought it. Shame on me! Also, I have grown tired of the various recalls. They do make you wonder about the quality of Ford products. (My Toyota pickups had nary a recall in 30 years.)