Used 1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Still Lovin It
By Jessica

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I haven't found any problems with any Ford truck. My Ranger has 153,000 miles and still runs great and really no other problems. Before this I owned a 1990 Ford Crew Cab dually; man that was a great truck all around, towing was great. I have also owned other makes and models in Ford and can't complain!

Strong engine and 5 speed auto transmission. Seat comfort - lumbar support, 4x4 low in deep snow, non-premium sound system & CD is great, 4 doors, room inside cab, ground clearance, towing ability. Most of all I really like the 4 doors!

4x4, choppy ride.

Upset in Oregon
By Domestic?

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I lived in a small town with big weather. Two weeks after I purchased the truck it snowed a lot. I've had nothing but problems with the four wheel drive since and the 5 star dealership couldn't care less. This is not the first Ford I've ever owned but I've had about as much luck with all. Like a lot of people I know I'm going to try a Dodge and if that doesn't work out I'll begin looking in the foreign markets. I hear Toyota's doing interesting things with their 4x4's.

V6 with plenty of torque, am FM cd and cassette stock, fourth door is cool.

Ive been running into problems with dealer specific parts and special expensive tools.

My Ranger
By Rich

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is the 2nd Ranger that I have owned. My 99 4x4 has been a great truck. I love to drive it and she performs great off road. I take her hunting and sometimes sleep in the back (has a shell). I put on a set of B.F.Goodrich All Terrains and the off road performance got better! I also utilize a K&N air filter and with my 4.0 I get 24mpg. Great Truck, I Love It!

Has great looks and with the 265/75R/16 B.F.Goodrich All Terrains has super ground clearance and traction.

Would like to see some type of easy access to the fuel pump for emergency fuel pump replacement when in off road situations.

Buy a Ranger...Get an Extended Warranty
By cday1

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Love the truck, except transmission problems at 50,000 miles and again at 70,000 miles. I've had enough, Tacoma here I come.

Style, interior, etc.

Improved transmission reliability.

'99 Ranger - a piece of junk
By jukenukem

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Not satisfied with this truck and will never buy a Ford again. Too many mechanical problems; where do I start? Poor performance with regards to hp (155). Mileage isn't too bad for fuel economy, but can be improved. Hate the flareside (step) bed. The bed lacks enough room for a 4x8 sheet of plywood. It's width is only 41 inches. Don't waste your money on this one, unless you're looking for a toy because that's what this is. With the split bench seat in front, it lacks any storage. The two seats in the back can only seat a child, but still not enough room for safety. Suspension is stiff with Off Road option.

None. Am not happy with the truck. No feature on this truck satisfies my needs or desires.

Color, engine performance, cosmetics, drivetrain, stability, interior room, more options for less money, overall exterior looks and internal performance.