Used 1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

EXCELLENT TRUCK
By lutorr6

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my 1999 Ford Ranger brand new with 13 miles on it. It was the best purchase I have ever made. My truck is extremely reliable. It has never left me stranded. The parts are cheap. It gets descent gas mileage. I LOVED MY TRUCK. My current mileage is 310,000. If you considering buying a truck, I would highly recommend a Ford Ranger. It was the best purchase I ever made.

not a good truck to own
By truck_man1

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I had a 99 ford ranger 4.0 liter and they are such gas hogs and the breakes they put on were not good at all and don't want another ranger at all

Good Little Truck
By minitruckman

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Had this truck since 2010, bought with 150,000 miles on her. Since then I've changed the brake rotors, pads, brake booster, master cylinder, 02 sensors, wheel cylinders, and oil. Overall this is an excellent truck, the extended cab is roomy enough for 2 at the most. Seats have held up well for a 12 year old truck with now almost 180,000 miles on it. In baton rouge city traffic, I get between 19.5 -21 mpg all city, and my best tank was 25 on the highway!

Favorite Features

mpg for a v6, decent room for 2 in a compact truck, extended cab 3rd door is a plus

Suggested Improvements

I used to have a 94' ext. cab with a 3.0l v6, got 22 city/ 26 highway, guess its the emissions controls and tuning.

Ford tough little truck
By JL

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I highly recommend this tough little truck! I bought it new and still drive it daily. The only things I've had to do is regular maintenance and tires and the typical things such as alternator at 85,000 and brakes every 20,000 on the front. Following the Ford maintenance schedule keeps it moving along. The 4.0 provides plenty of power.

Favorite Features

Dependability and towing capacity.

135,000+ miles and runs great
By Rich

1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Sometimes i think people just have bad luck or something. I've noticed a couple bad reviews and just don't understand. I bought my ranger used in 2000 with 23,000 miles on it and it now has 135,000+ miles on it and still runs awesomely. I've only had to change the tires, muffler, clean and replace the mass airflow sensor, brakes/rotors, and that's it. That's all crap, you need to replace regardless of what you drive. Hell, I'm even very bad about changing my oil! I think I've even gone nearly 2 years without changing the oil! My ranger is by far my favorite vehicle purchase. It keeps ticking and NEVER lets me down.

Favorite Features

*Dependable *Powerful V6 *Timeless look *Comfortable for 2 people

Suggested Improvements

I wish i had power windows but no biggie