Used 1999 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

EXCELLENT TRUCK
By lutorr6

1999 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my 1999 Ford Ranger brand new with 13 miles on it. It was the best purchase I have ever made. My truck is extremely reliable. It has never left me stranded. The parts are cheap. It gets descent gas mileage. I LOVED MY TRUCK. My current mileage is 310,000. If you considering buying a truck, I would highly recommend a Ford Ranger. It was the best purchase I ever made.

not a good truck to own
By truck_man1

1999 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I had a 99 ford ranger 4.0 liter and they are such gas hogs and the breakes they put on were not good at all and don't want another ranger at all

150K+ miles and It was WONDERFUL!
By buldog60

1999 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I got my 99 Ranger with 11K miles on it. I drove it till it was totaled with ~150,000 miles on it. I was ever so sad to loose my truck. It was fun to drive, got decent enough gas mileage, was super reliable. It never had a hard time starting, AC was still ice cold, and never had anything more than oil changes done to it. It is also VERY safe. My mom and 2 year old niece were in the truck when it was totaled, it slid over 200' on the roof after a tire blew on the HWY. Both my mom and niece walked away with out injury. If you are considering a Ranger, GET IT! You will not be disappointed.

Safety, Reliability, and Fun to drive. I could take it anywhere and could haul anything I needed to haul.

I'm 6'3" so I wish I the reg cab was just a smidge bigger.

Good Little Truck
By minitruckman

1999 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Had this truck since 2010, bought with 150,000 miles on her. Since then I've changed the brake rotors, pads, brake booster, master cylinder, 02 sensors, wheel cylinders, and oil. Overall this is an excellent truck, the extended cab is roomy enough for 2 at the most. Seats have held up well for a 12 year old truck with now almost 180,000 miles on it. In baton rouge city traffic, I get between 19.5 -21 mpg all city, and my best tank was 25 on the highway!

mpg for a v6, decent room for 2 in a compact truck, extended cab 3rd door is a plus

I used to have a 94' ext. cab with a 3.0l v6, got 22 city/ 26 highway, guess its the emissions controls and tuning.

Worst truck ever
By j

1999 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Things started going wrong with this truck early--fairly new & with low mileage--joints, springs, bearings, steering, brake lines, electrical, exhaust. Not reliable at all. This vehicle is a joke really.

it did have somewhat comfy seats.

where to start? i will never buy another ford product b/c of this truck.