1998 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: I like it like that

1998 Ford Ranger

I like it like that
By Cobalt Blue on

1998 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I bought the truck in February (2008) from a private seller -- only 65000 miles. It has 16-inch wheels, a 3.73 rear-end, 4 liter V6, and 5-speed manual. I don't drive it all the time, but in driving it back and forth to work it's been getting 22 mpg, average. I've gotten as high as 24 mpg. The drive to work is 20 miles one-way. Part is through town and part is open highway. The AC quit working after operating oddly about a month after I got the truck. I still need to have checked. The truck has good power, but I wouldn't want to tow much with it, because if feels like its geared pretty "tall". I really am satisfied with it. The bed is small, but what do you expect with a short-bed?

Extended cab. Good sounding radio that seems to pick up AM and FM quite well. Good gas mileage. Nice bright red color and step-side styling.

The seats slide forward when you lean them forward to get to the back area. I guess the 4-door models have "fixed" this nuisance. Some wind noise around doors, but its tolerable.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review