1998 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: Great truck for price

1998 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

XLT Regular Cab Pickup (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great truck for price
By superswitchks on

1998 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

The 2.5L motor provides great gas mileage and a decent amount of power when you need it. If you keep your right foot out of the firewall you can easily achieve 25+ mpg on the highway. However if you plan on using all 120hp plan on getting less than 17 in the city. But the handling of the truck is good for a truck; you can sling the rear around if needed, or stick the front for some decent corning out of a truck.

My favorite features are the comfortable interior and I am 6ft tall. Also I am a fan of the driver feedback I get out out of the truck. I am a fairly accomplished driver and the amount of feel you get out of the wheel and body roll allow a knowledgable driver to wheel the Ranger like they stole it

I would, as any race inspired driver would, love a more powerful 4 cylinder engine. A slightly stiffer suspension might make the truck handle better. A smoother shifting tranny or one than took abuse better would also be preffered. Don't get me wrong my Ranger sees more than its fair share of abuse.