1998 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: Cool little truck but mine get

1998 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

Cool little truck but mine gets problems
By Ranger Danger on

1998 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

From what everybody says on here, they love their Ranger and theirs is reliable. Mine on the other hand is already on its third clutch and I baby this truck like no other. My idle valve control keeps messing up and i'm on my fifth one already thats starting to fail(revs when I come to a complete stop). My back window leaks when it rains, engine idles rough sometimes, suspension squeaks loudly but its probably normal for it having 140,000 miles. I'm the second owner and the previous owner (which was my good neighbor so I saw the truck first day they purchased it.) They babied it as much as I did so I must have gotten a lemon from the factory but it wasn't always like this.

Favorite Features

Besides the problems, I loved this truck when I first got it as none of the problems existed. I like how this truck is very easy to work on except for the two back spark plugs you can't get to due to the intake being in the way. Also it's my tent when I go camping, I sleep inside with windows down

Suggested Improvements

I think just mine needs improvements as I heard other owners quite satisfied with theirs. My light too also stays on when the passenger side door opens but I just pull the fuse out when it does. Also they need to seal the back windshield better.