Has never failed me
By Kevin on
1997 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB
This is my first truck. I got it when I turned 17 and it has been a great car. I don't take care of it and I drive it like I stole it, but it keeps on going. Starts every time and never leaves me stranded. I even wrecked it and I still drive it today without replacing anything but the windshield. It has some problems with the gas line. There is a crack in the filler neck hose so I lose gas onto the ground every time I put gas into it and I only get 17 mpg. It idles pretty rough too. Its pretty fast for a 4 cylinder with the the aero dynamics of a brick. Overall this has been a great truck and I'm content with it.
Favorite Features
Comfortable seats, Color(Dark Red), Reliability, rear sliding window, folding center console, Cd Player (stock cd/casset player), Interior looks great and it very similar to the current rangers interior, I love being high off the ground and this truck sits pretty "]
Suggested Improvements
More power, better speakers, tachometer should be standard, more space in the cab would be nice, I don't see the point in a long bed ranger(mine is a long bed and it looks a little awkward), Better gas mileage (even without the gas leak the gas mileage is low for a 4 cylinder), Brighter Headlights
By bobmandoom
on 07/31/11 17:12 PM (PDT)

Did you ever figure out what was causing the low gas mileage and rough idling?