1997 Ford Ranger XLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

XLT Extended Cab Pickup (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Great Truck
By hobbs on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love driving this truck. Its ride is more like a car than a truck. It starts with only 2 or 3 turns of starter...every time...I like its looks, willow green with matching interior..Also has a fiberglass tonneau cover which makes it look sharp..Everything works, even all light bulbs...It's a manual shift, which makes it fun to drive....It has never let me down and it's got 192000 miles on the odometer.

LOVE MY TRUCK!
By Tanya on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

For my 18th birthday my father bought me a Ford ranger extended cab-- xlt - in gold -- it is a beautiful truck inside and out i go to college everyday in it -- it is about a 1 hour drive to come viit my family on the weekends so we wouldnt settle for something that "might work" we searched for 2 years for the perfect truck could have bought a car-- but "NO WAY" i would wait for my truck -- i have 2 younger brothers - we all drive Fords -- less problems all together than my moms Van - - not a ford!

No Worries
By EricL on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've had more Ford Ranger since mile 7 and it has been a trusty member of the family. It is the only car I own and I drive on average a hundred miles a day as a single working parent and rarely have to worry about "shiny" (as my daughter has named it).