1996 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews 2

1996 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
I will buy another one!!!
By schpaver on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I got this little p.u. new for basic transportation to get me through college. It has been a GREAT truck! Have had to do normal maint. on this nothing more. It just keeps going. I can well afford to buy a new truck now, but see no need with this Ranger still going strong. But when the time comes, I will buy another Ranger!

Great Truck
By scool191 on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I loved this truck. I had it for 6 years and never had a problem with it. The water pump went out and that was it. I only changed the oil. It ran perfect.

Great first truck
By Danop on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

The only thing I can think of that I don't like about this truck is the 8 spark plugs on the 2.3L engine. It was a great starter truck but I am looking to get a extended cab 4X4

Wensday Job
By j30r on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have throughly tried to beat the tires off this truck. It won't quit. The only things I have had to replace were oil,oil filters, sparkplugs, thermostat. Which as anyone knows are parts that wear out normally. I remimber when drove it by my fiends house, his dad, remarked after what i have put that truck through it must havew been a wensday job.

Awesome truck for the buck!
By ecuaman801 on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin', to coin a phrase. I bought this and have had no problems whatsoever with it. With regular maintenance, it could run forever. I've heard of these running clear on and past 300,000 miles!

One of the best values available
By lovinit on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

The 4.0 liter, V-6 is smooth and makes for a fun, quick truck with good hauling ability. Engine runs like a dream if you treat it right. Transmission isn't the smoothest, but it is holding up well. Body doesn't rust easily. Brakes are good, not great. It handles like a truck. Interior is well designed and slick. If you want a reliable used truck, I don't think you could get a better one than this for the price.

One of the best values available
By Lovinit on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

would/will buy another
By dbatw on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

Original owner. Daily commute to work vehicle. Have hauled everything from topsoil and bedfull of mulch to furniture and big screen TV. Very dependable. Fun to drive. The 4cyl gets good gas mileage and is no slouch when paired with 5spd manual. Good feel to the tranny/clutch combo. Powerful a/c and heater. It is amazing how popular you are with friends when you are the one with the truck.

Splash BAby
By RangerSplash on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Splash 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

My Ford Ranger is the best investment i have ever made.It runs like a dream it has never let me down.it is my first car and i wouldnt drive anything else but a ford

Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By ROBERT5588 on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Excellent, excellent, excellent. Very reliable, decent power, good gas mileage, easy to repair, etc.etc.etc!!!