1996 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Amazing Little Truck
By drdz070 on 11/17/07 09:52 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my 1996 Ranger a little over a year ago with 113000 miles on it and i have since brought that total up to 143000 miles. The truck has required very little work, other that the basics like oil changes. In fact, the only thing i've had done to it, that was of any consequence, was the replacement of two belts and a tensioner. I would recomend this little truck to anyone and i am saddened that it has come time for a new car. I hope that the next owner enjoys it as much as I have.

Pyro's review
By Pyroqueen13 on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Well its a tough little truck, i've gone everywhere in my little ranger, and i gotta say i love it and i wouldn't have anything else, its a good starter truck. I wish it would last me forever, but sadly all good things must come to an end, i hope thats far off for my little ranger.

Reliable Truck
By Arty304 on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is a good basic reliable compact truck. I own the 4 cylinder 2.3L model with a five speed. For the higher elevations of Colorado its a little underpowered, but around town and the plains its fine. A good quality truck.

Great first truck
By Danop on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

The only thing I can think of that I don't like about this truck is the 8 spark plugs on the 2.3L engine. It was a great starter truck but I am looking to get a extended cab 4X4

Wensday Job
By j30r on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have throughly tried to beat the tires off this truck. It won't quit. The only things I have had to replace were oil,oil filters, sparkplugs, thermostat. Which as anyone knows are parts that wear out normally. I remimber when drove it by my fiends house, his dad, remarked after what i have put that truck through it must havew been a wensday job.

Awesome truck for the buck!
By ecuaman801 on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin', to coin a phrase. I bought this and have had no problems whatsoever with it. With regular maintenance, it could run forever. I've heard of these running clear on and past 300,000 miles!

One of the best values available
By lovinit on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

The 4.0 liter, V-6 is smooth and makes for a fun, quick truck with good hauling ability. Engine runs like a dream if you treat it right. Transmission isn't the smoothest, but it is holding up well. Body doesn't rust easily. Brakes are good, not great. It handles like a truck. Interior is well designed and slick. If you want a reliable used truck, I don't think you could get a better one than this for the price.

One of the best values available
By Lovinit on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By ROBERT5588 on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Excellent, excellent, excellent. Very reliable, decent power, good gas mileage, easy to repair, etc.etc.etc!!!