1995 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: Will Never Sell My Ranger

1995 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

XL Extended Cab Pickup (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Will Never Sell My Ranger
By Silverky51 on

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Before my father bought my Ranger 2 DR XLT Extended Cab, I had never owned a truck. I'll never have another truck but this Ranger. It has never let me down and lives up to Fords reputation for building a tough a truck, even if it is a small truck. I've taken numorous trips in it and it's been a delight to drive and the comfort of the 60/40 seats keeps me happy. It's a true joy to drive on the open roads, handles very well, as it does on country back roads. It drives like a truck should drive, yet you don't feel like you're being beaten to death. I work for a local V.E.T. center (Vehicle Emission Testing) and it's VERY rare to see a Ranger fail the required testing standards.

Favorite Features

My Ranger didn't come with all the lights, bells and whistles. I like the setup of the dashboard. My dog loves the jump seats as she has to race back and forth to look out the windows. I like the rear window being only one window to open instead of 2 sliding windows.

Suggested Improvements

Why is there no light in the ashtray? It's hard to see the ashtray while driving at night. As I said, I work for the V.E.T. and I've seen many Rangers with the check engine light on, as well as mine. It won't turn off.