1995 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: no complaints at all

1995 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

XL Extended Cab Pickup (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

no complaints at all
By Denise Partika on

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

We bought our ranger new in Aug. 95 it has been a reliable truck for pleasure and for work (rental clean ups). To this day my seats are still in good condition no rips or worn spots. I did have my windshield replaced 4 times. Mine has 185,000 miles on it. Doesn't use or leak oil, trans fluid or water. The suspension is still original no problems. Engine maintenance I had 1 fuel injector fail had it fixed no problems since. I replaced the perge container, starter, battery, couple hoses, brakes, repaired the gas tank filler hose. normal wear & tear stuff.

Favorite Features

comfortable on long trips, very dependable, hauls heavy stuff good, tows trailers with ease. gets the same mileage with or without towing a trailer. 18 mph. It likes the higher octane gas & gets better mileage with the super unleaded fuel 20 mpg & has more pep.

Suggested Improvements

the gas tank filler hose costs $450.00 thats over priced for sure. we used some stuff we got from the air port and patched it. It worked & passed smog. the smog tech was shocked he didn't have to send me away. he said not many rangers pass this test.