1995 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
My first truck
By kevin111 on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have about 144000 mi. and its still running strong, it had a few electrical problems, like the wipers would go on whenever it wanted and the oil press. would sometime read high, abs sensors, and the switch for the right door. other than that everything else is orginal, exept for maintance stuff. I love this truck, i treat with care (looks brand new), but i am very hard on it, and it just keep on taking the abuse, even though it is a little four banger (kind of slow).

I love my Ranger!
By Katie G. on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

It's very dependable,and gets great gas milage. Very easy to drive. The super cab is great for bringing the kids along. Great truck for camping, and just everyday driving. I love my Ranger!

1995 Ranger
By hhaviland on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I just wanted to share my experience with my Ranger that I bought new in 1995. Well, 98,000 miles later the only problems I have had with this truck are two dead batteries. I bought it on a budget, but this has been the most reliable vehicle I have owned, by far exceeding any expectations I had. I recently bought a 2003 Passat GLX and the Ranger is still the vehicle I drive to work every day. It has been a real workhorse and a very usefull hauling tool (all over California, Kentucky, Arizona and New Mexico). Great memories and a great little truck.

1995 Ranger is a good bet
By CLH on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great Truck!A little under powered but will get you where you want to go and back. It has been VERY reliable and have very few repair bills. Just normal wear. The truck is a little light and needs some weight in the Snow ,But gets around good with about 300 pounds in the back. AC also works great and does not affect power on the engine. I recomend this truck .

Excellent Reliablility
By grims80 on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck runs great. No major problems considering it was a flood vehicle. Going on 100,000 and just doing the routine maitanence. High Quality, recommended.

Great Truck
By findlj on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck 4 years old with 27K on it. It has been very reliable and i'm extremely satisfied with it.

Love My Ranger
By Pahl Moore on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had my 1995 Ranger for 5 years. I had to replace the alternator at about 70,000 miles, but have had no other problems. It's been a very good little truck and I would buy it again if I had the chance. I have owned a 1973 Chevy Luv, 1987 Nissan, a 1883 and 1988 Mazda B-2200, a 1991 Toyota, and this Ranger and I would rate it superior to all of them.

Excellent reliability for the money
By ozziem on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck used in '97 with 41,000 miles on it. So far the only failure has been a leaking heater valve, which only cost $15 at the dealer and took me 30 minutes to replace. No other mechanical problems. The truck now has 161,000 and it's still going strong (1/3/03). The only annoying thing with this truck is the dome lights staying on for hours when parked. Also, except for the fuel gauge, all the lights in the instrument panel are out. This is not easy to fix. I'll probably keep this Ranger until it dies and that could be a long time from now.

Excellent Truck!
By Haines on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck has not disappointed at all! It has been extremely reliable- no major problems at all and one very minor problem with it- through 85000 miles! It still gets 28 mpg highway and 21 mpg city, not bad for a 4.0 liter 6 cylinder engine (5 speed stick). I recommend this truck and plan on buying another one in future... hope Ford keeps making them in 4.0 liter six with 5 speed manual transmission!

Recommend for Budget Shoppers
By bigblair on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

If you don't have a lot of cash, this truck is for you. Get a Hayes manual for repairing it yourself, cause it is easy to do maintenance on and Ford Dealerships will charge you 150 bucks for a 40 dollar repair.