Used 1995 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Great Truck
By Paul

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck right when I got my learners permit. I bought it for $2000 with 130000 and now it has nearly 145000. I have not had a single problem with this truck. It runs like a champ with great gas milage. It has the 2.3 with a 5 speed. I love this Ranger. It does great in the mountains and on the high way. For a 4 banger it accelerates great. If you hit the gas hard it will kick up some sand. It has a little bit of trouble going up steep hills. I've had to replace a brake caliper bolt and I need new shocks in the near future. For the price it is a great running, sharp truck. I wish I would of got the extended cab as it is a little cramped.

Stereo, gas mileage, reliablity, style, 5 speed transmission, steering, bright turn signals,

I wish it had more room in the cab, better in snow,

Nice little truck
By PDEARBORN

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is a very reliable truck, looks great, runs smooth, drives comfortably even over rough roads - no rattles. I have had the same issues as the other reviewers with the rusty brake lines, door jam WD-40 fix and the intermittent wiper ghost. Mine has a automatic and has not much power but the gas milage and reliability make up for that. Get good snow tires for the 2wd or you will go nowhere.

Ride comfort, reliability, interior design, paint quality, braking power.

Make better brake lines, and engine water inlet/outlets. Corosion protection is lacking...rust never sleeps. (I replaced 14ft of brake lines)

Great truck to drive and own
By Cheezesteak33

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought my Ranger from a buddy of mine last may(06)and it had a little over 41000 on her. He bought it 6 months earlier with only 37,312 miles on her. I just drove her from Philly, PA to Cimarron, NM and averaged around 28 miles on the highway. It has the 4.0L V6 and a limited slip rear. The truck definitely gets up and goes when needed. My check engine light came on around 60K but it appears that's common. The door ajar only happens whenn its warm out, so that means the door solinoid in the jam sticks when its hot out. I am very happy with the truck because I can depend on it without any issues. When it dies I plan on getting another Ranger, but the X-tra cab and 4WD. Great buy

Pleny of ummph when stepping on the gas with the V6, comfortable, reliable, and dependable. Great styling for a small truck, options are nice and balanced with XLT package on the 2WD models. Mine has the fog lights that are very useful when driving late at night and through the mountians

Gas mileage could be better, more room in the standard cab,

Love my Ranger
By brad

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck does everything I ask. Great gas mileage, excellent room inside. I only have 2 problems with it. 4 cyl. needs a little more power and the jack and tire iron rattle, but going to fix that. When I bought the truck never thought I would get compliments on how it looks but it seems every where I go someone tells me how clean or good it looks, it's completly stock, I guess it's just a good looking truck.

Interior room, ease of maintinance, parts are cost efective, gas mileage with A/C!

Little more HP from the 4cyl (75hp extra would do).

My truck
By sncfwlr

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

It has never failed to start. never left me stranded. I have hauled 2000 lb. in the bed. and can pull trailer wait. I can't hardly pull a bass boat up and out of the water very well but it does the job. It's been a good truck.

Relax in a small truck and move on ,good radio

More power