Used 1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Most Helpful|
Great Ford product
By John

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased with 8 miles on it and have loved it ever since. I wish it had a larger cab for a family. I've preformed regular maintaince on it and it keeps running. My wife owns a 4 year newer Chevy and we put more repair into it with a lot less miles. I've been able to repair any issue myself.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, reliable, good gas mileage, fun to drive, haul and pull trailers.

Suggested Improvements

Repair electrical issues in model year.

Retirement service
By indianavince

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this 1995 4.0 5speed Ranger 5 years ago. It was cheap had 228,000 miles and I wasn't expecting much. Well it's 2010, I replaced the rear spring shackles as they rusted away. I have over loaded it with gravel and fill dirt many times, pull my boat and change the oil once a year as I use it for around town hauling and mucking about. I pull my sailboat 60 miles at a time. This is the Ever- ready bunny truck. No issues other than those wiper gremlins. Body is NOT rusting. 4.0 V6 showing now signs of age, and the ABS sure works well in the Indiana winters.

Favorite Features

Reliable, and trusty. Blends in. I do private investigations too.

Suggested Improvements

???

My first truck
By kevin111

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have about 144000 mi. and its still running strong, it had a few electrical problems, like the wipers would go on whenever it wanted and the oil press. would sometime read high, abs sensors, and the switch for the right door. other than that everything else is orginal, exept for maintance stuff. I love this truck, i treat with care (looks brand new), but i am very hard on it, and it just keep on taking the abuse, even though it is a little four banger (kind of slow).

Favorite Features

Handling in rain, rough roads, turning

Suggested Improvements

Fix the electrical problems and increase the power

Best vechicle ever
By Rob

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have 120,000 miles on this and have NEVER replaced a part other than oil, air filter, two sets of tires and one battery. (I replaced the battery this winter). Never had the front end aligned, NOTHING. The A/C will run you out in about three minutes. It has never broken down, never been in the shop. Simply the best vehicle I have had or know of.

385000 Miles
By sickprofessor2

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

My 1995 Ranger has 385000 miles on it. What more is there to say? 385000 miles. I don't do much to maintain it, either. I probably change the oil about every 10000 miles. It probably hasn't had a tuneup in 200000 miles. I expect that the drivetrain would keep going to a million miles. The only issues I've had in the past few years have been suspension: rear leaf-spring brackets rusted away and replaced; front sway-bar link broke.

Favorite Features

It keeps on running.