1995 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Best truck I have ever known
By Matt on 03/21/07 12:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Put 110K miles on it over 5 years and never had a problem. Most of the miles were city miles and the clutch wore out at 165K. The mechanic did a compression check and said it could easily go another 50K before an overhaul. There were some off-road and harsh miles in there too. The 4 cylinder was always great on gas (I routinely averaged about 29 mpg) and was adequate to keep up with traffic but would not win a drag race.

Driving a 1995 Ford Ranger P/U
By paul cowan on 01/27/07 07:26 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is my first Ford Ranger truck and I like it in every way, especially the mileage and performance. I would recommend it to purchase.

1995 Ford Ranger
By glennwood on 12/10/06 12:01 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

My Ranger has been a reliable vehicle. However, it is gutless. Barely gets out of its own way. A/C and heater work great. Never overheats. Don't feel safe in it going over 70 MPH. Does not track well.

Love My Ranger/ Very Nice
By Michael Brogan on 10/11/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Splash 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

This has to be the the best truck I have ever owned. It gets great gas milage, and is very Comfortable.

4 Cylinder -- Auto
By Phil on 11/26/05 23:45 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Nice little truck, had some dome light and chime issues, taken care of by using WD-40 on the door lock assembly. The wipers wipe once on their own about one every couple weeks (strange). And the brake lines rusted away. Other than that I love the truck. You sure won't win any races with it!

Best vechicle ever
By Rob on 09/05/05 13:01 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have 120,000 miles on this and have NEVER replaced a part other than oil, air filter, two sets of tires and one battery. (I replaced the battery this winter). Never had the front end aligned, NOTHING. The A/C will run you out in about three minutes. It has never broken down, never been in the shop. Simply the best vehicle I have had or know of.

Great Truck
By karl on 06/26/05 23:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Outside of small electrical problems, this has been a wonderful, reliable truck. Perhaps the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Only thing is the 4 cylinder engine is underpowered. 0-60mph is about 21 seconds. Mountains are a drag. But, I use the truck almost exclusively in the city. So it is GREAT.

good truck
By joe on 12/10/04 19:03 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

For the many trials I have put my Ford through, it has passed all of them with a A+. From climbing sand dunes to hauling its maximum weight, it has done it all for me. Some electrical issues have been a problem, such as the door chimes have a mind of there own, but no really big issues. I could not ask for more out of the 4.0 V6. No, I repeat, No problems over the 100,000 miles I have put on it. I bought it with 90,000, and now have 190,000 on it and it's still running strong.

drove till wheels fell off
By red ranger on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Got this truck from my dad, learned how to drive manual on it, and loved all 5 years I spent in the cockpit. When I wasn't in the woods hunting, I was cruising between AL and FLA, only problem I ever had was an EGR valve. Unfortunately, it was totalled in 10- 03, but the well-built quality probably saved my life, and the body was still strong even after having been through hell, woods, and 118,000 miles. I would reccommend this great truck to anyone, especially with the V6 I had. Every problem I had would usually just fix itself after a week or so. I plan to one day buy another.

1995 Ford Ranger XLT Review
By Tiggie on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I am the current owner of a 1995 Ford Ranger XLT Extended Cab SB. It has the base 2.3L, and that is the only thing I don't like about it. It has a 5-Speed, which shifts very nicely. It gets very good gas mileage for a truck(like 29-31 Highway). It looks good, and the interior is laid out very nicely. The back jump seats are not well-suited for adults, but work fine for children. Overall, I think it is a very good truck to own, and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't like going to the gas station much, and doesn't mind not being able to accelerate quickly.