1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Love my Ranger
By brad on 07/15/07 21:33 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck does everything I ask. Great gas mileage, excellent room inside. I only have 2 problems with it. 4 cyl. needs a little more power and the jack and tire iron rattle, but going to fix that. When I bought the truck never thought I would get compliments on how it looks but it seems every where I go someone tells me how clean or good it looks, it's completly stock, I guess it's just a good looking truck.

Love My Ranger/ Very Nice
By Michael Brogan on 10/11/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Splash 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

This has to be the the best truck I have ever owned. It gets great gas milage, and is very Comfortable.

4 Cylinder -- Auto
By Phil on 11/26/05 23:45 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Nice little truck, had some dome light and chime issues, taken care of by using WD-40 on the door lock assembly. The wipers wipe once on their own about one every couple weeks (strange). And the brake lines rusted away. Other than that I love the truck. You sure won't win any races with it!

Best vechicle ever
By Rob on 09/05/05 13:01 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have 120,000 miles on this and have NEVER replaced a part other than oil, air filter, two sets of tires and one battery. (I replaced the battery this winter). Never had the front end aligned, NOTHING. The A/C will run you out in about three minutes. It has never broken down, never been in the shop. Simply the best vehicle I have had or know of.

My first truck
By kevin111 on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have about 144000 mi. and its still running strong, it had a few electrical problems, like the wipers would go on whenever it wanted and the oil press. would sometime read high, abs sensors, and the switch for the right door. other than that everything else is orginal, exept for maintance stuff. I love this truck, i treat with care (looks brand new), but i am very hard on it, and it just keep on taking the abuse, even though it is a little four banger (kind of slow).

1995 Ranger
By hhaviland on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I just wanted to share my experience with my Ranger that I bought new in 1995. Well, 98,000 miles later the only problems I have had with this truck are two dead batteries. I bought it on a budget, but this has been the most reliable vehicle I have owned, by far exceeding any expectations I had. I recently bought a 2003 Passat GLX and the Ranger is still the vehicle I drive to work every day. It has been a real workhorse and a very usefull hauling tool (all over California, Kentucky, Arizona and New Mexico). Great memories and a great little truck.

Excellent Reliablility
By grims80 on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck runs great. No major problems considering it was a flood vehicle. Going on 100,000 and just doing the routine maitanence. High Quality, recommended.

Love My Ranger
By Pahl Moore on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had my 1995 Ranger for 5 years. I had to replace the alternator at about 70,000 miles, but have had no other problems. It's been a very good little truck and I would buy it again if I had the chance. I have owned a 1973 Chevy Luv, 1987 Nissan, a 1883 and 1988 Mazda B-2200, a 1991 Toyota, and this Ranger and I would rate it superior to all of them.

Excellent Truck!
By Haines on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck has not disappointed at all! It has been extremely reliable- no major problems at all and one very minor problem with it- through 85000 miles! It still gets 28 mpg highway and 21 mpg city, not bad for a 4.0 liter 6 cylinder engine (5 speed stick). I recommend this truck and plan on buying another one in future... hope Ford keeps making them in 4.0 liter six with 5 speed manual transmission!

Recommend for Budget Shoppers
By bigblair on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

If you don't have a lot of cash, this truck is for you. Get a Hayes manual for repairing it yourself, cause it is easy to do maintenance on and Ford Dealerships will charge you 150 bucks for a 40 dollar repair.