1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Driving a 1995 Ford Ranger P/U
By paul cowan on 01/27/07 07:26 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is my first Ford Ranger truck and I like it in every way, especially the mileage and performance. I would recommend it to purchase.

1995 Ford Ranger
By glennwood on 12/10/06 12:01 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

My Ranger has been a reliable vehicle. However, it is gutless. Barely gets out of its own way. A/C and heater work great. Never overheats. Don't feel safe in it going over 70 MPH. Does not track well.

Great Truck
By karl on 06/26/05 23:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Outside of small electrical problems, this has been a wonderful, reliable truck. Perhaps the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Only thing is the 4 cylinder engine is underpowered. 0-60mph is about 21 seconds. Mountains are a drag. But, I use the truck almost exclusively in the city. So it is GREAT.

good truck
By joe on 12/10/04 19:03 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

For the many trials I have put my Ford through, it has passed all of them with a A+. From climbing sand dunes to hauling its maximum weight, it has done it all for me. Some electrical issues have been a problem, such as the door chimes have a mind of there own, but no really big issues. I could not ask for more out of the 4.0 V6. No, I repeat, No problems over the 100,000 miles I have put on it. I bought it with 90,000, and now have 190,000 on it and it's still running strong.

drove till wheels fell off
By red ranger on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Got this truck from my dad, learned how to drive manual on it, and loved all 5 years I spent in the cockpit. When I wasn't in the woods hunting, I was cruising between AL and FLA, only problem I ever had was an EGR valve. Unfortunately, it was totalled in 10- 03, but the well-built quality probably saved my life, and the body was still strong even after having been through hell, woods, and 118,000 miles. I would reccommend this great truck to anyone, especially with the V6 I had. Every problem I had would usually just fix itself after a week or so. I plan to one day buy another.

1995 Ford Ranger XLT Review
By Tiggie on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I am the current owner of a 1995 Ford Ranger XLT Extended Cab SB. It has the base 2.3L, and that is the only thing I don't like about it. It has a 5-Speed, which shifts very nicely. It gets very good gas mileage for a truck(like 29-31 Highway). It looks good, and the interior is laid out very nicely. The back jump seats are not well-suited for adults, but work fine for children. Overall, I think it is a very good truck to own, and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't like going to the gas station much, and doesn't mind not being able to accelerate quickly.

I love my Ranger!
By Katie G. on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

It's very dependable,and gets great gas milage. Very easy to drive. The super cab is great for bringing the kids along. Great truck for camping, and just everyday driving. I love my Ranger!

1995 Ranger is a good bet
By CLH on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great Truck!A little under powered but will get you where you want to go and back. It has been VERY reliable and have very few repair bills. Just normal wear. The truck is a little light and needs some weight in the Snow ,But gets around good with about 300 pounds in the back. AC also works great and does not affect power on the engine. I recomend this truck .

Great Truck
By findlj on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck 4 years old with 27K on it. It has been very reliable and i'm extremely satisfied with it.

Excellent reliability for the money
By ozziem on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck used in '97 with 41,000 miles on it. So far the only failure has been a leaking heater valve, which only cost $15 at the dealer and took me 30 minutes to replace. No other mechanical problems. The truck now has 161,000 and it's still going strong (1/3/03). The only annoying thing with this truck is the dome lights staying on for hours when parked. Also, except for the fuel gauge, all the lights in the instrument panel are out. This is not easy to fix. I'll probably keep this Ranger until it dies and that could be a long time from now.