Used 1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

I LOVE MY TRUCK
By Gramstrk

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought it used. I knew I would be moving and so were my daughters and I wanted to have a truck. I am so happy I bought it and have more than gotten my money's worth from it. It has 180K miles and still going strong. The only problem I have is that I have grandkids and I can't put them in the back seats because it doesn't have whatever it is that needs to hook up the carseat. I take it on long trips all the time and have never had a problem. I also get really good gas mileage. I have had many different cars in my life(Im 57)but this is my favorite so far. I have to get a smaller car and I'm sad I have to sell it. All the cars I've looked at so far can't compare to this truck.

I don't really have a "favorite". I like almost everything about this truck.

Put the seats in the back facing the front and the piece that you need to put the carseats in them.

just won't quit
By volosong

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this vehicle new and have been the only owner. Honestly, I've neglected maintenance on it, but it keep acting like the Enegizer Bunny...just keeps going and going. Only two set of brake pads, only mechanical problem in 270,000 miles of driving is the that the throwout bearing and the fuel filler hose needed to be replaced. Nothing else! I chalk that up to my dad's advice to always purchase the very inexpensive "towing package". Only reason for finally selling is that the wife purchased another vehicle that I can use for a two vehicle. By the way, I've even used the Ranger to tow my Mercedes to the shop, a sixty-mile one-way drive. No issues.

I'll never get rid of it!
By Jennie

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck used in 1999 with 19k miles on it. Ten years and 85,000 miles later, I still love my Ranger. It's never left me stranded and it's still fun to drive- despite the lack of technology I enjoyed with my Nissan 300ZX and 03 Acura TL. Performed well on my cross-country moves from San Diego to Philadelphia (though doesn't do well in snow). If you're on a budget, definitely consider this car. It's reliable, good MPG, safe, and a much better value than the competition.

Good gas mileage, smooth manual transmission, reliability, quality parts.

Don't be surprised by the following: phantom wipers, door chime/interior light not shutting off, fuel filler hose leaking (I replaced the hose around 2001 and it needs to be done again).

Built to last
By blackbetty

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have a 1995 Ford Ranger XLT single cab. It currently has 253,000 miles on it. In the nearly two years I have owned her she has never broken down, she has continued to outlast. I used to own a 98 Chevy S-10 and by far the 95 Ranger out performs the Chevy line. After 253,000 miles she still gets 26 mpg highway. I look forward to many years to come with my favorite truck

The dual plugs in the engine. I have a 4cylinder with a lot of power left in her!

None

Miracle worker
By Mr Bill

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought new 2.3L inline 4 cylinder ext cab in 95', it has held up amazingly well inspite of my repeatedly loading it down with tools and materials to build decks and kitchens. Other than a clutch rebuild I've never had a problem!

Same front seat set up as the Ford Explorer, best selling SUV for over 30 years but with the extended cab the wheelbase is 9-11" longer and therefore has a far better ride! In my 13th year of ownership I still love my truck, and it has saved me financially!

Fabulous truck, I wish it had the tie downs low in the bed that the newer ones have.