1995 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Great Truck
By karl on 06/26/05 23:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Outside of small electrical problems, this has been a wonderful, reliable truck. Perhaps the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Only thing is the 4 cylinder engine is underpowered. 0-60mph is about 21 seconds. Mountains are a drag. But, I use the truck almost exclusively in the city. So it is GREAT.

drove till wheels fell off
By red ranger on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Got this truck from my dad, learned how to drive manual on it, and loved all 5 years I spent in the cockpit. When I wasn't in the woods hunting, I was cruising between AL and FLA, only problem I ever had was an EGR valve. Unfortunately, it was totalled in 10- 03, but the well-built quality probably saved my life, and the body was still strong even after having been through hell, woods, and 118,000 miles. I would reccommend this great truck to anyone, especially with the V6 I had. Every problem I had would usually just fix itself after a week or so. I plan to one day buy another.

1995 Ford Ranger XLT Review
By Tiggie on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I am the current owner of a 1995 Ford Ranger XLT Extended Cab SB. It has the base 2.3L, and that is the only thing I don't like about it. It has a 5-Speed, which shifts very nicely. It gets very good gas mileage for a truck(like 29-31 Highway). It looks good, and the interior is laid out very nicely. The back jump seats are not well-suited for adults, but work fine for children. Overall, I think it is a very good truck to own, and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't like going to the gas station much, and doesn't mind not being able to accelerate quickly.

I love my Ranger!
By Katie G. on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

It's very dependable,and gets great gas milage. Very easy to drive. The super cab is great for bringing the kids along. Great truck for camping, and just everyday driving. I love my Ranger!

1995 Ranger is a good bet
By CLH on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great Truck!A little under powered but will get you where you want to go and back. It has been VERY reliable and have very few repair bills. Just normal wear. The truck is a little light and needs some weight in the Snow ,But gets around good with about 300 pounds in the back. AC also works great and does not affect power on the engine. I recomend this truck .

Great Truck
By findlj on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck 4 years old with 27K on it. It has been very reliable and i'm extremely satisfied with it.

Lives up to Its Reputation
By Charlie Johnson on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

After reading consumer reports and other reviews of small pickups, I wanted a Ranger ext. cab. They are in short supply in the used market and I was finally able to find one owned by a retired couple. With the 2.3 litrert engine it's not a speed demon but cruises easily on highway and freeway. the interior dash is nice and uncluttered with controls easy to reach. A very comfortable ride on pavement and dirt.

Satisfied if not Inspired
By Content on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck with the 3.0 V6 wanting dependability and high utility I wanted reasonable milage and power. I had did not expect high performance from this truck. I have had few problems; nothing that stranded me. Maintenance parts are reasonably priced and available. I can depend on my truck to get me where I need to go day in and day out. The only real disappointment has been the performance of the 3.0. The mileage has been good but the acceleration is not much beyond the 2.3. I also have always been forced to use premium gas if I want to avoid serious knocking.

It is not a Toyo!
By peterMC on 03/02/02 20:34 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have had some annoying electrical and emission problems that keep needing to get fixed.