1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Great Ford product
By John on 03/31/08 08:43 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased with 8 miles on it and have loved it ever since. I wish it had a larger cab for a family. I've preformed regular maintaince on it and it keeps running. My wife owns a 4 year newer Chevy and we put more repair into it with a lot less miles. I've been able to repair any issue myself.

Great Truck
By Paul on 02/02/08 20:50 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck right when I got my learners permit. I bought it for $2000 with 130000 and now it has nearly 145000. I have not had a single problem with this truck. It runs like a champ with great gas milage. It has the 2.3 with a 5 speed. I love this Ranger. It does great in the mountains and on the high way. For a 4 banger it accelerates great. If you hit the gas hard it will kick up some sand. It has a little bit of trouble going up steep hills. I've had to replace a brake caliper bolt and I need new shocks in the near future. For the price it is a great running, sharp truck. I wish I would of got the extended cab as it is a little cramped.

Nice little truck
By PDEARBORN on 12/30/07 08:31 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is a very reliable truck, looks great, runs smooth, drives comfortably even over rough roads - no rattles. I have had the same issues as the other reviewers with the rusty brake lines, door jam WD-40 fix and the intermittent wiper ghost. Mine has a automatic and has not much power but the gas milage and reliability make up for that. Get good snow tires for the 2wd or you will go nowhere.

Love my Ranger
By brad on 07/15/07 21:33 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck does everything I ask. Great gas mileage, excellent room inside. I only have 2 problems with it. 4 cyl. needs a little more power and the jack and tire iron rattle, but going to fix that. When I bought the truck never thought I would get compliments on how it looks but it seems every where I go someone tells me how clean or good it looks, it's completly stock, I guess it's just a good looking truck.

4 Cylinder -- Auto
By Phil on 11/26/05 23:45 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Nice little truck, had some dome light and chime issues, taken care of by using WD-40 on the door lock assembly. The wipers wipe once on their own about one every couple weeks (strange). And the brake lines rusted away. Other than that I love the truck. You sure won't win any races with it!

Love My Ranger
By Pahl Moore on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had my 1995 Ranger for 5 years. I had to replace the alternator at about 70,000 miles, but have had no other problems. It's been a very good little truck and I would buy it again if I had the chance. I have owned a 1973 Chevy Luv, 1987 Nissan, a 1883 and 1988 Mazda B-2200, a 1991 Toyota, and this Ranger and I would rate it superior to all of them.

Recommend for Budget Shoppers
By bigblair on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

If you don't have a lot of cash, this truck is for you. Get a Hayes manual for repairing it yourself, cause it is easy to do maintenance on and Ford Dealerships will charge you 150 bucks for a 40 dollar repair.

It's a keeper!
By naladraw on 03/12/02 09:40 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my Ranger in 1997 with only 19000 miles on the 2 year old truck. I have had absolutely no mechanical problems with the truck in the past 5 years. The 5-speed manual transmission paired with the 2.3 L engine can be a little lacking at times. When it comes to comfort I have been satisfied with the bucket seats on long drives. All the inside controls are easy to use. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding the 1995 Ford Ranger.