1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
385000 Miles
By sickprofessor2 on 06/26/13 14:44 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

My 1995 Ranger has 385000 miles on it. What more is there to say? 385000 miles. I don't do much to maintain it, either. I probably change the oil about every 10000 miles. It probably hasn't had a tuneup in 200000 miles. I expect that the drivetrain would keep going to a million miles. The only issues I've had in the past few years have been suspension: rear leaf-spring brackets rusted away and replaced; front sway-bar link broke.

Built Ford tough!
By nitewish21 on 01/11/12 11:38 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I purchased this truck in Feb. of 2011, it currently has only 131,000 miles on it. I have had no problems at all with this truck.It started out as a commercial lease vehicle, im the first private owner of this truck.Its still in "Like-new" condition and i keep the maintenance up on it regularly.It came with a 3.0L V6 and automatic transmission. You can tell the quality of workmanship through and though, there is no better mid-size trucks out there than these Rangers.

Retirement service
By indianavince on 04/07/10 08:02 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this 1995 4.0 5speed Ranger 5 years ago. It was cheap had 228,000 miles and I wasn't expecting much. Well it's 2010, I replaced the rear spring shackles as they rusted away. I have over loaded it with gravel and fill dirt many times, pull my boat and change the oil once a year as I use it for around town hauling and mucking about. I pull my sailboat 60 miles at a time. This is the Ever- ready bunny truck. No issues other than those wiper gremlins. Body is NOT rusting. 4.0 V6 showing now signs of age, and the ABS sure works well in the Indiana winters.

Black Betty- best truck i have ever owne
By chey1997 on 07/14/09 18:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought my little ranger in 2006 with 241000 miles on her, great body and superb performance compaired to the S- 10 i used to own. in three years i havent had any major issues, just mant. things that needed to be done. this truck on the highway gets 26 mpg even with 256000 miles on her. I hauled my fiancees 92 honda prelude with it. and make regular trips from dallas to houston in her. she still has her original speakers from 95 and work great. by far the toughest truck i have ever owned. if i compare her to the chevy S-10 i bought before it would make the S-10 look like cardboard! can't go wrong with these mini monsters ford did write with these!!!

best 100 everspent
By carl franco on 03/16/09 20:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

with 250,000 miles on it, drove trouble free from CT to WVA...great milage and a comfortable ride to there and back....the further i drove the better it ran..I am amazed

1997 Ranger XLT king cab
By ranger guy on 10/27/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Splash 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

This Ranger has the 2.3 liter engine.Very reliable, good mileage, great handling truck. Truck does not have much power, however engine works good with 5 speed manual. Excellent truck for city or highway driving, does not like hill climbs however, you will have to gun it. I have had a few Rangers, liked the 97 2.3 liter the best. Stay away from 4.0 liter Ranger unless you are hauling or hill climbing. An absolute gas guzzler, motor is too heavy for truck

Great Ford product
By John on 03/31/08 08:43 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased with 8 miles on it and have loved it ever since. I wish it had a larger cab for a family. I've preformed regular maintaince on it and it keeps running. My wife owns a 4 year newer Chevy and we put more repair into it with a lot less miles. I've been able to repair any issue myself.

Great Truck
By Paul on 02/02/08 20:50 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck right when I got my learners permit. I bought it for $2000 with 130000 and now it has nearly 145000. I have not had a single problem with this truck. It runs like a champ with great gas milage. It has the 2.3 with a 5 speed. I love this Ranger. It does great in the mountains and on the high way. For a 4 banger it accelerates great. If you hit the gas hard it will kick up some sand. It has a little bit of trouble going up steep hills. I've had to replace a brake caliper bolt and I need new shocks in the near future. For the price it is a great running, sharp truck. I wish I would of got the extended cab as it is a little cramped.

Nice little truck
By PDEARBORN on 12/30/07 08:31 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is a very reliable truck, looks great, runs smooth, drives comfortably even over rough roads - no rattles. I have had the same issues as the other reviewers with the rusty brake lines, door jam WD-40 fix and the intermittent wiper ghost. Mine has a automatic and has not much power but the gas milage and reliability make up for that. Get good snow tires for the 2wd or you will go nowhere.

Great truck to drive and own
By Cheezesteak33 on 08/15/07 21:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought my Ranger from a buddy of mine last may(06)and it had a little over 41000 on her. He bought it 6 months earlier with only 37,312 miles on her. I just drove her from Philly, PA to Cimarron, NM and averaged around 28 miles on the highway. It has the 4.0L V6 and a limited slip rear. The truck definitely gets up and goes when needed. My check engine light came on around 60K but it appears that's common. The door ajar only happens whenn its warm out, so that means the door solinoid in the jam sticks when its hot out. I am very happy with the truck because I can depend on it without any issues. When it dies I plan on getting another Ranger, but the X-tra cab and 4WD. Great buy