Used 1995 Ford Ranger XL Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

CANT GO WRONG
By Royal Bargo

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have had my ranger since i was 15 in 2005, it had roughly 120,000 mls on it and the motor look rough. At first i thought i made a 2,000 dollar mistake. I still have that truck now 2015, with over 500,000 mls on it. There aint a price on my old truck.

I LOVE MY TRUCK
By Gramstrk

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought it used. I knew I would be moving and so were my daughters and I wanted to have a truck. I am so happy I bought it and have more than gotten my money's worth from it. It has 180K miles and still going strong. The only problem I have is that I have grandkids and I can't put them in the back seats because it doesn't have whatever it is that needs to hook up the carseat. I take it on long trips all the time and have never had a problem. I also get really good gas mileage. I have had many different cars in my life(Im 57)but this is my favorite so far. I have to get a smaller car and I'm sad I have to sell it. All the cars I've looked at so far can't compare to this truck.

I don't really have a "favorite". I like almost everything about this truck.

Put the seats in the back facing the front and the piece that you need to put the carseats in them.

Best truck I have ever known
By Matt

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Put 110K miles on it over 5 years and never had a problem. Most of the miles were city miles and the clutch wore out at 165K. The mechanic did a compression check and said it could easily go another 50K before an overhaul. There were some off-road and harsh miles in there too. The 4 cylinder was always great on gas (I routinely averaged about 29 mpg) and was adequate to keep up with traffic but would not win a drag race.

Handling - driver is in control at all times, shifting, steel bumpers, limited slip differential was 2wd but still worked great off-road and in snow, heat/AC powerful enough to heat/cool a small house.

Standard rear doors on the extended cab, faster windshield wipers speed.

Excellent reliability for the money
By ozziem

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck used in '97 with 41,000 miles on it. So far the only failure has been a leaking heater valve, which only cost $15 at the dealer and took me 30 minutes to replace. No other mechanical problems. The truck now has 161,000 and it's still going strong (1/3/03). The only annoying thing with this truck is the dome lights staying on for hours when parked. Also, except for the fuel gauge, all the lights in the instrument panel are out. This is not easy to fix. I'll probably keep this Ranger until it dies and that could be a long time from now.

Relatively quiet and comfortable for a truck. Excellent reliability for a domestic vehicle. I'll probably keep this Ranger until it dies and that could be a long time from now.

The engine could be a bit more refined. It's too noisy when pressed hard.

Good stuff
By Fred by the lake

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have been very happy with my XL long bed. It has always been reliable, with nice interior, relatively smooth ride. I have also had probs with the dome light and door chime staying on from time, particularly in hot weather. Ditto the check engine light. If someone has a good solution, pls e- mail.

Comfortable, nicely designed interior. The driving panel is clear. Dashboard still in excellent shape

Fix the aforementioned dome light, chime, etc. Not fantastic acceleration