Used 1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Very Good Truck Model
By Joe Morris

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

CANT GO WRONG
By Royal Bargo

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have had my ranger since i was 15 in 2005, it had roughly 120,000 mls on it and the motor look rough. At first i thought i made a 2,000 dollar mistake. I still have that truck now 2015, with over 500,000 mls on it. There aint a price on my old truck.

the 4.0 engine is a piece of crap
By joeblo1

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck with 122,000 miles on it. It has 137,000 now and it has been nothing but trouble. I have had to replace the midshift bearings twice, the belt tensioner, body bushings and the fuel pump. The head gasket blew several weeks ago. When the engine was in pieces, we saw that one of the pistons had rubbed out gap in the cylinder wall. The motor is now completely useless.

very good looking truck, good suspension, good off road performance

very unreliable, constantly breaking down, easily rusts, electronics are constantly having problems

Built FORD Tough
By xrodriguez

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got my 1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3L as a hand me down form my mother. with 165,000 miles. It is a very reliable truck and it lives up to its reputation. I have had many electrical problems. Dome light failed to go off and I had to take off the bulbs myself with a rag....ouch. Also, the dash lighting is starting to go out, and the trip and mileage reading went out. Took it many long trips. Had a friend in a Camaro try to take my reputation away with the ladies in High School. When we got off road I showed him out. And for a 2.3 threw a little dust and rocks in his face. Though I wish the back had a little more room in the back. It is a shame that Rangers are being discontinued. It is a mistake

no complaints at all
By Denise Partika

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

We bought our ranger new in Aug. 95 it has been a reliable truck for pleasure and for work (rental clean ups). To this day my seats are still in good condition no rips or worn spots. I did have my windshield replaced 4 times. Mine has 185,000 miles on it. Doesn't use or leak oil, trans fluid or water. The suspension is still original no problems. Engine maintenance I had 1 fuel injector fail had it fixed no problems since. I replaced the perge container, starter, battery, couple hoses, brakes, repaired the gas tank filler hose. normal wear & tear stuff.

comfortable on long trips, very dependable, hauls heavy stuff good, tows trailers with ease. gets the same mileage with or without towing a trailer. 18 mph. It likes the higher octane gas & gets better mileage with the super unleaded fuel 20 mpg & has more pep.

the gas tank filler hose costs $450.00 thats over priced for sure. we used some stuff we got from the air port and patched it. It worked & passed smog. the smog tech was shocked he didn't have to send me away. he said not many rangers pass this test.