Used 1995 Ford Ranger XLT Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Ranger

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Great Ford product
By John

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased with 8 miles on it and have loved it ever since. I wish it had a larger cab for a family. I've preformed regular maintaince on it and it keeps running. My wife owns a 4 year newer Chevy and we put more repair into it with a lot less miles. I've been able to repair any issue myself.

Comfortable, reliable, good gas mileage, fun to drive, haul and pull trailers.

Repair electrical issues in model year.

Great Truck
By Paul

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck right when I got my learners permit. I bought it for $2000 with 130000 and now it has nearly 145000. I have not had a single problem with this truck. It runs like a champ with great gas milage. It has the 2.3 with a 5 speed. I love this Ranger. It does great in the mountains and on the high way. For a 4 banger it accelerates great. If you hit the gas hard it will kick up some sand. It has a little bit of trouble going up steep hills. I've had to replace a brake caliper bolt and I need new shocks in the near future. For the price it is a great running, sharp truck. I wish I would of got the extended cab as it is a little cramped.

Stereo, gas mileage, reliablity, style, 5 speed transmission, steering, bright turn signals,

I wish it had more room in the cab, better in snow,

Nice little truck
By PDEARBORN

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is a very reliable truck, looks great, runs smooth, drives comfortably even over rough roads - no rattles. I have had the same issues as the other reviewers with the rusty brake lines, door jam WD-40 fix and the intermittent wiper ghost. Mine has a automatic and has not much power but the gas milage and reliability make up for that. Get good snow tires for the 2wd or you will go nowhere.

Ride comfort, reliability, interior design, paint quality, braking power.

Make better brake lines, and engine water inlet/outlets. Corosion protection is lacking...rust never sleeps. (I replaced 14ft of brake lines)

Love my Ranger
By brad

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck does everything I ask. Great gas mileage, excellent room inside. I only have 2 problems with it. 4 cyl. needs a little more power and the jack and tire iron rattle, but going to fix that. When I bought the truck never thought I would get compliments on how it looks but it seems every where I go someone tells me how clean or good it looks, it's completly stock, I guess it's just a good looking truck.

Interior room, ease of maintinance, parts are cost efective, gas mileage with A/C!

Little more HP from the 4cyl (75hp extra would do).

4 Cylinder -- Auto
By Phil

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Nice little truck, had some dome light and chime issues, taken care of by using WD-40 on the door lock assembly. The wipers wipe once on their own about one every couple weeks (strange). And the brake lines rusted away. Other than that I love the truck. You sure won't win any races with it!

Comfortable ride,. Interior design. Stereo.

Could use a more powerful 4 cylinder.