1995 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
I LOVE MY TRUCK
By Gramstrk on 07/25/09 21:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought it used. I knew I would be moving and so were my daughters and I wanted to have a truck. I am so happy I bought it and have more than gotten my money's worth from it. It has 180K miles and still going strong. The only problem I have is that I have grandkids and I can't put them in the back seats because it doesn't have whatever it is that needs to hook up the carseat. I take it on long trips all the time and have never had a problem. I also get really good gas mileage. I have had many different cars in my life(Im 57)but this is my favorite so far. I have to get a smaller car and I'm sad I have to sell it. All the cars I've looked at so far can't compare to this truck.

Best truck I have ever known
By Matt on 03/21/07 12:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Put 110K miles on it over 5 years and never had a problem. Most of the miles were city miles and the clutch wore out at 165K. The mechanic did a compression check and said it could easily go another 50K before an overhaul. There were some off-road and harsh miles in there too. The 4 cylinder was always great on gas (I routinely averaged about 29 mpg) and was adequate to keep up with traffic but would not win a drag race.

Excellent reliability for the money
By ozziem on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck used in '97 with 41,000 miles on it. So far the only failure has been a leaking heater valve, which only cost $15 at the dealer and took me 30 minutes to replace. No other mechanical problems. The truck now has 161,000 and it's still going strong (1/3/03). The only annoying thing with this truck is the dome lights staying on for hours when parked. Also, except for the fuel gauge, all the lights in the instrument panel are out. This is not easy to fix. I'll probably keep this Ranger until it dies and that could be a long time from now.

Good stuff
By Fred by the lake on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have been very happy with my XL long bed. It has always been reliable, with nice interior, relatively smooth ride. I have also had probs with the dome light and door chime staying on from time, particularly in hot weather. Ditto the check engine light. If someone has a good solution, pls e- mail.

Will Never Sell My Ranger
By Silverky51 on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Before my father bought my Ranger 2 DR XLT Extended Cab, I had never owned a truck. I'll never have another truck but this Ranger. It has never let me down and lives up to Fords reputation for building a tough a truck, even if it is a small truck. I've taken numorous trips in it and it's been a delight to drive and the comfort of the 60/40 seats keeps me happy. It's a true joy to drive on the open roads, handles very well, as it does on country back roads. It drives like a truck should drive, yet you don't feel like you're being beaten to death. I work for a local V.E.T. center (Vehicle Emission Testing) and it's VERY rare to see a Ranger fail the required testing standards.