1995 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
385000 Miles
By sickprofessor2 on 06/26/13 14:44 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

My 1995 Ranger has 385000 miles on it. What more is there to say? 385000 miles. I don't do much to maintain it, either. I probably change the oil about every 10000 miles. It probably hasn't had a tuneup in 200000 miles. I expect that the drivetrain would keep going to a million miles. The only issues I've had in the past few years have been suspension: rear leaf-spring brackets rusted away and replaced; front sway-bar link broke.

the 4.0 engine is a piece of crap
By joeblo1 on 02/25/13 23:25 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck with 122,000 miles on it. It has 137,000 now and it has been nothing but trouble. I have had to replace the midshift bearings twice, the belt tensioner, body bushings and the fuel pump. The head gasket blew several weeks ago. When the engine was in pieces, we saw that one of the pistons had rubbed out gap in the cylinder wall. The motor is now completely useless.

Built FORD Tough
By xrodriguez on 08/09/12 00:42 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got my 1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3L as a hand me down form my mother. with 165,000 miles. It is a very reliable truck and it lives up to its reputation. I have had many electrical problems. Dome light failed to go off and I had to take off the bulbs myself with a rag....ouch. Also, the dash lighting is starting to go out, and the trip and mileage reading went out. Took it many long trips. Had a friend in a Camaro try to take my reputation away with the ladies in High School. When we got off road I showed him out. And for a 2.3 threw a little dust and rocks in his face. Though I wish the back had a little more room in the back. It is a shame that Rangers are being discontinued. It is a mistake

Built Ford tough!
By nitewish21 on 01/11/12 11:38 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I purchased this truck in Feb. of 2011, it currently has only 131,000 miles on it. I have had no problems at all with this truck.It started out as a commercial lease vehicle, im the first private owner of this truck.Its still in "Like-new" condition and i keep the maintenance up on it regularly.It came with a 3.0L V6 and automatic transmission. You can tell the quality of workmanship through and though, there is no better mid-size trucks out there than these Rangers.

Retirement service
By indianavince on 04/07/10 08:02 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this 1995 4.0 5speed Ranger 5 years ago. It was cheap had 228,000 miles and I wasn't expecting much. Well it's 2010, I replaced the rear spring shackles as they rusted away. I have over loaded it with gravel and fill dirt many times, pull my boat and change the oil once a year as I use it for around town hauling and mucking about. I pull my sailboat 60 miles at a time. This is the Ever- ready bunny truck. No issues other than those wiper gremlins. Body is NOT rusting. 4.0 V6 showing now signs of age, and the ABS sure works well in the Indiana winters.

no complaints at all
By Denise Partika on 02/03/10 22:27 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

We bought our ranger new in Aug. 95 it has been a reliable truck for pleasure and for work (rental clean ups). To this day my seats are still in good condition no rips or worn spots. I did have my windshield replaced 4 times. Mine has 185,000 miles on it. Doesn't use or leak oil, trans fluid or water. The suspension is still original no problems. Engine maintenance I had 1 fuel injector fail had it fixed no problems since. I replaced the perge container, starter, battery, couple hoses, brakes, repaired the gas tank filler hose. normal wear & tear stuff.

I LOVE MY TRUCK
By Gramstrk on 07/25/09 21:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought it used. I knew I would be moving and so were my daughters and I wanted to have a truck. I am so happy I bought it and have more than gotten my money's worth from it. It has 180K miles and still going strong. The only problem I have is that I have grandkids and I can't put them in the back seats because it doesn't have whatever it is that needs to hook up the carseat. I take it on long trips all the time and have never had a problem. I also get really good gas mileage. I have had many different cars in my life(Im 57)but this is my favorite so far. I have to get a smaller car and I'm sad I have to sell it. All the cars I've looked at so far can't compare to this truck.

Black Betty- best truck i have ever owne
By chey1997 on 07/14/09 18:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought my little ranger in 2006 with 241000 miles on her, great body and superb performance compaired to the S- 10 i used to own. in three years i havent had any major issues, just mant. things that needed to be done. this truck on the highway gets 26 mpg even with 256000 miles on her. I hauled my fiancees 92 honda prelude with it. and make regular trips from dallas to houston in her. she still has her original speakers from 95 and work great. by far the toughest truck i have ever owned. if i compare her to the chevy S-10 i bought before it would make the S-10 look like cardboard! can't go wrong with these mini monsters ford did write with these!!!

just won't quit
By volosong on 05/01/09 11:42 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this vehicle new and have been the only owner. Honestly, I've neglected maintenance on it, but it keep acting like the Enegizer Bunny...just keeps going and going. Only two set of brake pads, only mechanical problem in 270,000 miles of driving is the that the throwout bearing and the fuel filler hose needed to be replaced. Nothing else! I chalk that up to my dad's advice to always purchase the very inexpensive "towing package". Only reason for finally selling is that the wife purchased another vehicle that I can use for a two vehicle. By the way, I've even used the Ranger to tow my Mercedes to the shop, a sixty-mile one-way drive. No issues.

best 100 everspent
By carl franco on 03/16/09 20:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

with 250,000 miles on it, drove trouble free from CT to WVA...great milage and a comfortable ride to there and back....the further i drove the better it ran..I am amazed

1 2 3 4 5 next »