1994 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: Only 1 regret

1994 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

Only 1 regret
By jcd302 on

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is my 3rd Ranger and my last one lasted to 182,000 miles. I sold it 4.5 years ago and he is STILL driving it. I have HAD to do nothing to her, but I did convert the 3.08 open differential to Traction-Loc & added a trailer towing package. 146,200 miles and only done 1 wheel bearing. I get 22mpg in the summer and 17/19 in the winter. I love it and will buy my 4th Ranger when this one finally dies, but my 9 year old daughter is planning on it being around when she gets her license, so maybe in 7 more years. I should have over 300k on it by then. Ford only rates it at 1200# towing capacity, but I have towed my 2000# pop-up camper with no problems and even taken a trailer w/ 2800# of trash to the dump!

Favorite Features

Comfort, leg room, handling, FORD reliability! Of course the trailer towing package and 3.08 Traction-loc that I had to add myself.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to be replaced with an '05 4x4. Now that I have moved out to the sticks, 4x4 would be nice in the winter. Ford should have Traction-loc standard on trucks. When it is wet the light rear end just spins the tires.