1994 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: Jeep Hauler

1994 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

STX Extended Cab Pickup (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Jeep Hauler
By CJRay on

1994 Ford Ranger STX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought the truck new,and almost 8 years and 168K later it still runs great.It has lost some of its pep,but is driven hard.Mostly highway miles,but a lot are hauling Jeep parts.I haul frames,engines,trannys,axles,-most at the same time. Squat it down with a load, and the little 4-cyl gives its all and comes back for more.I hauled 2 loads of bricks that broke the back springs. Replaced them, and I was back in business.Built Ford Tough-Heck yeah. I know guys with full sizes that don't get as much use. My friends will be sad when it goes-it is a lot of fun to see Jeep frames hauled by a SB Ranger. Go Ranger-168K and counting!

Fun to drive. Great mileage, even now. Awesome service recordG eared right for a 4 cylinder. For $11K, I would not be out if it quit right now.Money well spent.

More power from 2.3L. Stronger springs, but then who actually hauls bricks with a small truck-not a Chevy owner anyway.