Used 1994 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

good truck
By jewels

1994 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

2.3L SB 4x4. I have 130,000 miles on truck, been relatively reliable in the 9 years that I've had it, but not totally perfect. Now burns about 1 quart of oil every 5000 or oil change, not that big of a deal for a 9 year old truck. New ABS brake module at 50k, rusty radiator replaced at 100k, electrical lights came on at 24K, covered. The gas gauge stopped working at around 70-80K. Good gas mileage, just wish that they continued a 4cyl ext cab. version. overall, I have had very good luck with my first domestic vehicle. Would consider another one, but the new 4x4 gas mileage is very poor.

good gas mileage, ford rust warranty, very good, they replaced a hood and tailgate for surface rust (Hawaii only) and repainted a couple of rust spots for free.

Good deal on a truck, some people have had back luck w/ their Rangers, I would recommend this particular truck, will prob. run over 200k.

TOO SMALL AND TOO SLOW
By DRAY15

1994 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

It has no interior space and no power whatsoever. I think my lawnmower is more powerful than this thing.

The tailgate, only thing that you could actually rely on, off the whole truck.

More interior space for taller drivers (I am 6'2" tall), more powerful, more torque, and better clutch system.

Built Ford Tough
By vikegirl

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had my Ford Ranger XLT for almost 8 years and I have had very little problems with it besides the routine maintenance and up-keep. This truck is dependable and very rugged. The power is unbelievable in both city and freeway traffic when it counts the most. This is one of the best buys you can make if you are looking for a vehicle to be able to take tough driving conditions and last.

My favorite feature would have to be the sliding back window...no wait, it's the comfortable seating...ok no, it's the extended cab. Yeah, definately the extended cab. Lotsa room.

Instead of 2 small pull out chairs in the back, put a bench seat. That would rock.

centament
By sallystruthers

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

good car awesome to drive fun egine keeps my through the day had since 1994 own now with 150000 mles and no major problems

4.0 liter engine

better mileage

nice truck
By goodmanner3

1994 Ford Ranger STX 2dr Regular Cab LB

this is a very well built 4cyl engine, holding up to 150,000 miles so far and im gonna drive it til it dies!

origional clutch!