1994 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Nice small truck
By Happy Truck Owner on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This has been a very reliable truck with low maintenance costs. I've had the truck for almost 9 years and my largest expense was finally buying new tires!

Stylish Reliability
By Trilby on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has not let me down for the 214,425 miles that I've owned it. Good gas mileage, great ride. No problems to speak of. Would be lucky to own another vehicle as reliable as this has proven to be.

Great Ranger
By S_Man on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have had my 94 Ford Range since I bought it new on 11/94. I have had it now for 8 years and I drive it every day. I average 25000 miles a year on this bad boy. I have had on one major problem with it but that was covered by the warranty and that experiece was great. I would highly recommend a Ford Ranger to anyone.

Great Truck
By redranger on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I'm 16 and i bought this truck as my first vehicle. I've always liked Ford and wanted a truck for the lower insurnace. So the Ranger was a natural choice. The 4x4 is great and i love the ride height. I have the 3.0L V6 and i get better gas mileage than my friends Nissan 4x4 4cyl. (I get 20mpg in a 4x4 V6 truck is pretty good). I have room for three people comfortably and four if i squeeze and five if they are small.

Very Practical
By Strets on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my ranger with 34,000 miles on it, when I was 17. Almost 3 years later and an extra 60,000 miles, she still runs like a champ. I use it to commute to and from school. It is very fuel efficient, low mantainence vehicle and it is good looking. However the 4Cyl., even though it has 8 spark plugs, is very slow.

Jeep Hauler
By CJRay on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger STX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought the truck new,and almost 8 years and 168K later it still runs great.It has lost some of its pep,but is driven hard.Mostly highway miles,but a lot are hauling Jeep parts.I haul frames,engines,trannys,axles,-most at the same time. Squat it down with a load, and the little 4-cyl gives its all and comes back for more.I hauled 2 loads of bricks that broke the back springs. Replaced them, and I was back in business.Built Ford Tough-Heck yeah. I know guys with full sizes that don't get as much use. My friends will be sad when it goes-it is a lot of fun to see Jeep frames hauled by a SB Ranger. Go Ranger-168K and counting!

1994 Ranger still going strong
By mamacita99 on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck new and have hauled a full load on average once each week. After 180,000 miles the only repair involved replacing the clutch after 100,000 miles. This has been one of the most economical trucks I could have purchased. It still runs great and who knows how long that engine is going to last.

Would do it again...
By Ford Lover on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought it new in '94 and have had it serviced according to the Manual. Now have 201K on same engine. Brakes done twice, new clutch, second timing belt, second set of shocks/struts. Great truck!

Keeps going and going and going...
By tbone_al on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

My Ranger is a dependable every-day vehicle for the past 5+ yrs (I bought it used). Aside from normal wear-and-tear (oil changes, belt replacement, front brakes, tires) the only moneys it's cost me is when the stick mysteriously didn't want to work anymore. Someone at work said the magic words "hydraulic clutch." So I spent $1.19 on a can of fluid and filled the clutch reservoir. Good as new. I may buy a rice burner for the daily commute to save on gas, but this little truck isn't leaving my possesion until the wheels fall off.

Average For a Truck
By concernedbuyer on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger STX 2dr Regular Cab LB

I loved my truck being a woman and seated higher up from other cars. It was comfortable for my bad back and held up well. I started having major problems at 116,000. It was a 5 speed manual and one day the stick decided not to work when shifting. I maintained it very well always did the reccommended maintenance on it. I must say the best thing about this truck was the original tires lasted me almost 5 1/2 years before I had to replace all four. My husbands car is a 91 Toyota Tercel and he only had to do oil changes on it, compared to my truck. I think we will stick to Toyotas.