Used 1994 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Ranger

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Great truck
By Carlos

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought the truck in 1998 with 50k miles on it and it is still running great. It's kind of rough on bumpy roads. I've only had to replace the battery, brakes, and electrical components at 100k miles. I'm not a big Ford fan, but it has gotten me through the years without any major problems. And of course I had to put 30 inch all terrain tires on it.

Off road capabilities. Good power(4.0 V6). Reliability.

Gas mileage is poor. I don't even get 20 miles to the gallon. Could be the bigger tires.

Mighty Mouse
By Ed

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I love my Ford Ranger. I think that a Ford Ranger is the best vehicle that a teenager can own. It has all the get up and go that I need, never lets me down, and is easy to beef up, performance-wise.

My favorite features about my Ranger are the V-6 (4.0), durability, and dependability.

I wish that my Ranger had a set of 4:10 gears to go with the decent size V-6, or even a V-8!

Great litle truck
By jaxmo

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck used in 1996. It had 15,000 miles on it when I bought it. It now has 117,000. This truck has done everything I asked of it and gave me nine years of trouble free service. The only items I replaced were the battery, brakes, temp gauge sender, tires and a $15 sensor. Still has original clutch, starter, exhaust, etc. Still not a spot of rust on it (Cleveland area) Parked in the same spot every day and not one drop of oil on the floor. The most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I still like driving it. Can't say enough good things about it.

The 4.0L engine has lots of power and runs smooth as silk. Transmission shifts smooth and positive. Comfy seats.

Perfect just the way it is.

Build to last
By Armbruster

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my Ford Ranger when it was one year old in 1995. My truck had 40,000 miles on it then. 10 years later it has 227,000 miles on it! I still love this truck. Last summer I replaced the transmission and thought of getting another vehicle. I didn't need to; here it is another year later and it is still driving fantastic. Through the years I have replaced one water pump (at 160,000 miles) 2 batteries, the clutch at 190,000 miles, the oxygen sensor, brakes, tires, and the faulty emergency brake recall item. I can't think of anything else. (oh, I did replace the serpentine and timing belts as a precaution at 120,000 miles). A FANTASTIC vehicle. This is my third Ranger and I will buy another.

Great tailgate - easy to open and close. Runs smoothly, corners easily, good gas mileage (around 26), very reliable, good sound system, love the air conditioning.

Needs different window profile (replaced 3 windshields and got about 5 rock chips repaired) Need a lower speed on heater fan, redesigned driver mirror - car lights at night hit the mirror from behind and blind me. Angle bad for plugging anything into cigarette lighter.

My Baby
By jogle

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

My first and only vehicle. Bought in 1997 with 9K. The seats fit me perfectly, I am 6 ft 240lb. I have 2 kids and four of us can ride fairly comfortably (my wife is 5'2" 115lb). I have changed the brakes, rotors, plugs and plug wires. Daily driver on average 30 miles per day. Another kid on the way may mean I have to purchase another vehicle. No matter what, I will not sell my Ranger.

4.0 L V6, dependability.