1994 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Descent Truck
By SSsuperchargedEi on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger STX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

My Ranger has the 2.3 4cyl w/100hp and it is unbearably SLLLLLOOOOOOOW. But, it has been a great truck to drive and has proven good off road capabilities.

Totally Satisfied
By JTIME on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the truck in March '03 with 166.5K in AL and thought that it would be an ok run-about truck. I drove the truck home (Houston, TX) and have not gotten out of it since. Currently has 178K and it does not burn or leak any oil. I really believe I can get 300K out of it without any major problems. The body is tight with no squeaks or rattles and the performance is great (4.0L V6). I get about 23 MPG hwy and 19 city. I own a Toyota Avalon and a Nissan 300ZX so I did not expect to be this pleased with an American auto. I would buy another provided its the 4.0L. I highly recommend this truck to anyone.

awesome reliable truck
By woods on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I am sad that I had to get rid of it. The only problem, too little. I loved it!

I love my truck
By Bob Dinkel on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Fantastic vehicle for single person or couple with no children. It is fun to drive, functional and reliable. Before we had children there is no vehicle I would have traded it for.

Ford Ranger 4x4
By FordTruckman on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I purchased my 1994 Ranger 4x4 new and intended to keep it 4 or 5 years. Its been almost 9 years now and it is still a great running truck with no major problems. It has some minor suspension noises when traveling very slowing over speedbumps or rough terrain but they don't impact the performance.

awesome truck
By maytag on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger STX 2dr Regular Cab LB

great truck, could not ask for anything better. I'm considering keeping it around instead of trading it in.

BUY THE S-10!!!!!
By rangerhater on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

i got this truck last year as a first vehicle. what a dissapointment. I bought the truck w/ 120000 km on it. 17000km later i hate it more than ever. The suspension on the left side is shot. the steering is loose and bulky. the engine...oh hell it won't run smooth until i'm 10 minutes into a drive. there is no fun factor other than the reardrive on a gravel road. this truck is way underpowered.hit a bump while accellerationg and it feels like the rear end is gonna blow up or drop out. If you need a small truck, get the S-10 w/ the 4.3L. I test drove a '94 SS and it could blow the doors off of any truck out there. i wish i hadn't taken the cheaper route

Ranger vaues
By dakotared on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger STX 2dr Regular Cab SB

After having problems in the Ford family of cars. The used Ranger line gets overlooked a lot. If you find one at low miles its a good truck for the price. I have found rangers priced about $ 500 lower than the dakotas or S-10 trucks. Just stay away from the 4 clyinder trucks. The ranger is a fun to drive truck. Even the 2 wheel drive is able to take some heavy off road. duty. To make your Ranger a truck best for the real world , Do a little cheap customising. Just add 15 inch wheels & tires lift blocks on the rear. Now your ready for the muddy country roads or a cormfotable cruise on the interstate. Find yuor roange & have so much fun.

Takes a beating well
By OffRoader on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Splash 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Five years later I still LOVE it! In the beginning I was a normal driver, then the offroad bug bit me. Great aftermarket support for parts, accesories & upgrades. Most people wouldn't believe what these trucks have been thru in the RRORC off road club I'm part of. The 3.73 gears w/rear limited slip is a blast. Dana 35 TTB front & 8.8 rear axles have taken such abuse very well. I've hauled countless heavy loads easily. Stepside bed too narrow for 4x8 sheets to lay flat. Supercab is a must for tall people & holds plenty of stuff. With great bucket seats, tilt, cruise, a/c, pwr mirrors, pwr locks & windows this truck is the best of both worlds!

Ranger Rough
By sherwould on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased my 1994, fully loaded Ranger new. It now has 132,000 miles 9 years later. It has truly been an outstanding little truck. I have never had a problem with it. It still has the get- up-and-go it had when new (4.0 L engine). I am now a believer in the "Built Ford Tough" slogan. If your thinking of buying a used truck, this is a great choice!