1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Stylish Reliability
By Trilby on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has not let me down for the 214,425 miles that I've owned it. Good gas mileage, great ride. No problems to speak of. Would be lucky to own another vehicle as reliable as this has proven to be.

Great Ranger
By S_Man on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have had my 94 Ford Range since I bought it new on 11/94. I have had it now for 8 years and I drive it every day. I average 25000 miles a year on this bad boy. I have had on one major problem with it but that was covered by the warranty and that experiece was great. I would highly recommend a Ford Ranger to anyone.

Very Practical
By Strets on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my ranger with 34,000 miles on it, when I was 17. Almost 3 years later and an extra 60,000 miles, she still runs like a champ. I use it to commute to and from school. It is very fuel efficient, low mantainence vehicle and it is good looking. However the 4Cyl., even though it has 8 spark plugs, is very slow.

Keeps going and going and going...
By tbone_al on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

My Ranger is a dependable every-day vehicle for the past 5+ yrs (I bought it used). Aside from normal wear-and-tear (oil changes, belt replacement, front brakes, tires) the only moneys it's cost me is when the stick mysteriously didn't want to work anymore. Someone at work said the magic words "hydraulic clutch." So I spent $1.19 on a can of fluid and filled the clutch reservoir. Good as new. I may buy a rice burner for the daily commute to save on gas, but this little truck isn't leaving my possesion until the wheels fall off.

Average For a Truck
By concernedbuyer on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab STX 2dr Regular Cab LB

I loved my truck being a woman and seated higher up from other cars. It was comfortable for my bad back and held up well. I started having major problems at 116,000. It was a 5 speed manual and one day the stick decided not to work when shifting. I maintained it very well always did the reccommended maintenance on it. I must say the best thing about this truck was the original tires lasted me almost 5 1/2 years before I had to replace all four. My husbands car is a 91 Toyota Tercel and he only had to do oil changes on it, compared to my truck. I think we will stick to Toyotas.

A Fun Little Truck.
By el4n6dir on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Splash 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

This truck has been my everyday truck for 8 years. I have had no major mechanical problems over those eight years. The interior of the truck has hardly aged at all. The engine and transmission have needed no work. All of the repairs that have been made have been the result of regular wear and tear.

awsome truck
By bosox on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

i am 16 years old and this is my first vehicle, i researched all the compact trucks and this one was the best. i got a great deal on it and it runs mint, looks mint and drives mint. seats are comfortable for long trips, idles like new and lays a nasty patch

Great vehicle
By DSNIDER on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Ive got to say that i have been very impressed in this vehicle. Ive never been big on fords but i will say that i wouldnt mind buying another one of their products. The only complaints ive had about the truck was when the transmission(5 speed) went out around 127,000 miles. I had it replaced for under $1000. Overall it gets good gas milage for a truck, its comfortable for what its made for, and it never left me stranded. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.