1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Takes a beating well
By OffRoader on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Splash 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Five years later I still LOVE it! In the beginning I was a normal driver, then the offroad bug bit me. Great aftermarket support for parts, accesories & upgrades. Most people wouldn't believe what these trucks have been thru in the RRORC off road club I'm part of. The 3.73 gears w/rear limited slip is a blast. Dana 35 TTB front & 8.8 rear axles have taken such abuse very well. I've hauled countless heavy loads easily. Stepside bed too narrow for 4x8 sheets to lay flat. Supercab is a must for tall people & holds plenty of stuff. With great bucket seats, tilt, cruise, a/c, pwr mirrors, pwr locks & windows this truck is the best of both worlds!

Great Truck
By redranger on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I'm 16 and i bought this truck as my first vehicle. I've always liked Ford and wanted a truck for the lower insurnace. So the Ranger was a natural choice. The 4x4 is great and i love the ride height. I have the 3.0L V6 and i get better gas mileage than my friends Nissan 4x4 4cyl. (I get 20mpg in a 4x4 V6 truck is pretty good). I have room for three people comfortably and four if i squeeze and five if they are small.

Jeep Hauler
By CJRay on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab STX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought the truck new,and almost 8 years and 168K later it still runs great.It has lost some of its pep,but is driven hard.Mostly highway miles,but a lot are hauling Jeep parts.I haul frames,engines,trannys,axles,-most at the same time. Squat it down with a load, and the little 4-cyl gives its all and comes back for more.I hauled 2 loads of bricks that broke the back springs. Replaced them, and I was back in business.Built Ford Tough-Heck yeah. I know guys with full sizes that don't get as much use. My friends will be sad when it goes-it is a lot of fun to see Jeep frames hauled by a SB Ranger. Go Ranger-168K and counting!

1994 Ranger still going strong
By mamacita99 on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck new and have hauled a full load on average once each week. After 180,000 miles the only repair involved replacing the clutch after 100,000 miles. This has been one of the most economical trucks I could have purchased. It still runs great and who knows how long that engine is going to last.

Would do it again...
By Ford Lover on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought it new in '94 and have had it serviced according to the Manual. Now have 201K on same engine. Brakes done twice, new clutch, second timing belt, second set of shocks/struts. Great truck!

Great and Reliable Truck
By XTruckChick on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck to help with my frequent moves. I bought it in '96 with 56K on it and sold it in 2001 with 135K. Drove it from WI to CA about 3 times, it made it through LA traffic just fine. Only problems I had were normal maintenance, breaks, drive belt, one O2 sensor, etc. (Only qwirk was the A/C clutch froze up (which is included in the path of the drive belt) causing the belt to snap the fan blade and wreck the alternator). But a quick $150 repair and I was back in business! Great truck. Sold it to a friend who is still driving it! I miss it frequently! By far my most favorite vehicle.

This truck just will not stop!
By Fscott on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my Ford Ranger XLT Extended brand new off the lot. It has a v6 4.0 liter with auto transmission and let me tell you, this thing will not stop. I mean, I have had almost no trouble out of it. Currently it has 161,000 miles on it and idles and runs like it did 100,000 miles ago. My dad bought a Chev S10 2 weeks after I bought the Ranger, and his truck is about to fall apart! I would buy this truck again any day. When Ford states that that they are built Ford tough....beleive it. This thing has been trough it all, and never fails me.

I can't kill this truck
By cheech on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

223000 miles and still runs like a watch. For the past year I've been neglecting it, hoping that I'll be able to replace her. I bored after 200K plus and want a new toy, I just can't justify spending the $$ when my old one still works well.

94 Ranger 4x4
By rbellew on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Splash 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

This has been the best all around vehicle I have ever owned. It had 68K on the odometer when I bought it, and didn't look really well maintained. It now has 192K and has been nearly flawless. It has the 4.0 V6, 327 gears, and 5-speed tranny; it's good for 18 mpg around town and up to 25 mpg on the highway. Runs strong at 75+ on the interstate. I highly recommend it to anyone.