1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
one of the best trucks ever
By MIGHTY ranger on 03/28/07 20:15 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

This ranger could be the Johnny Cash of trucks - "its been everywhere". I have my own complaints about it - but given that all its owners have treated it really bad. I have the crazy 4 cylinder (8 plugs), I am on the 3rd transmission, 2nd clutch, second starter. all of which I robbed from $25 parts trucks found locally. I have hit deer, bridges, barns, small brush trees. I have hauled tons of everything - car parts, cars, and wood. And even though the fluid clutch leaks, I can count on it 100% - do not use ATF as suggested by Ford - it rots the seals, causing the input shaft to break at the best possible time (250 miles from home) LOVE THE MIGHT-Y RANGER.

Reliable
By Tim on 11/06/06 14:46 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

It is a reliable truck. 2.3L great gas mileage. I get 28 to 30 mpg! But it goes from 0-60 in a like 3 minutes. No power what so ever even though it is a 2wd. I can't figure out why it needs 8 spark plugs in a 4cylinder? It only has 98hp.

TOO SMALL AND TOO SLOW
By DRAY15 on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

It has no interior space and no power whatsoever. I think my lawnmower is more powerful than this thing.

awesome reliable truck
By woods on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I am sad that I had to get rid of it. The only problem, too little. I loved it!

BUY THE S-10!!!!!
By rangerhater on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

i got this truck last year as a first vehicle. what a dissapointment. I bought the truck w/ 120000 km on it. 17000km later i hate it more than ever. The suspension on the left side is shot. the steering is loose and bulky. the engine...oh hell it won't run smooth until i'm 10 minutes into a drive. there is no fun factor other than the reardrive on a gravel road. this truck is way underpowered.hit a bump while accellerationg and it feels like the rear end is gonna blow up or drop out. If you need a small truck, get the S-10 w/ the 4.3L. I test drove a '94 SS and it could blow the doors off of any truck out there. i wish i hadn't taken the cheaper route