1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Best Car
By Arie_28 on 05/10/10 19:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

this is my first car and its the best. I bought it froma mechanic friend whom the second owner had sold it to him because it neededa new trnasmission. Since i got it i love it. Have neverhd a problem and it runs strong. Haveing it standard is great. I will mssit when i gt my second car. But i highly sujest it to all

Just Plain FUN!!
By TrueBlueFord on 02/08/10 19:44 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this little truck to do some light hauling and running about. It is the 2.3 engine with a 5 speed and although it won't set the world on fire powerwise, it will cruise with traffic on the interstate at 75mph with no sweat and in town is just fine. It runs perfect and handles great, especially the way it turns (real tight) and has absolutely NO squeaks, rattles or noises. Rust free and the paint is still shiney. Cranks right up and is eager to go. The A/C will freeze your jaw off and the defroster works fast! Great brakes and suspension. I totally love to drive it and actually take it out more than my new Explorer with the 4.0. The 8 plugs is because the engine is a semi-hemi design.

I made the right choice.
By anonymous on 03/15/09 02:55 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have owned this vehicle since it was new. It has been outstanding in reliability. When I purchased this truck I had one thing in mind and that was long term ownership. This truck has not let me down. Compared to today's newer trucks and cars with so many creature comforts yes this truck looks a little aged, but I do not plan to give this thing up for anything. As long as it runs and is reliable I will drive it daily. Even when I finally do purchase a new vehicle I will probably keep this as a second car. Of course this is not a vehicle for everyone but for a person who mostly drives alone this is great. 195,000 and still runs great with no rust. Has never seen road salt.

Micheal Myers of trucks--just won't die.
By Lil Mule on 10/19/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck brand new in Feb of 95, and haven't looked back since. 335,234 miles (original engine and tranny) it's safe to say this truck has paid for itself three times over. With only two clutches replaced (working on my third) and regular maintainence, this truck has never given me a problem- -even after smashing a full grown deer, two rear-end collisions and a steel reinforced pole that inconspicuously jump out in front of me. All this, and doesn't drip any oil.

1994 Ford Ranger
By thedog on 07/31/08 20:02 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my 1994 Ford Ranger for a steal at 1000 dollars. When I bought it, it had 328,000 miles on as far as I know the first engine. I have only replaced the starter and the fuel pump and soon it will need a new clutch but other than that it still runs great at 337,000 miles.

Build to last
By Armbruster on 05/08/05 22:49 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my Ford Ranger when it was one year old in 1995. My truck had 40,000 miles on it then. 10 years later it has 227,000 miles on it! I still love this truck. Last summer I replaced the transmission and thought of getting another vehicle. I didn't need to; here it is another year later and it is still driving fantastic. Through the years I have replaced one water pump (at 160,000 miles) 2 batteries, the clutch at 190,000 miles, the oxygen sensor, brakes, tires, and the faulty emergency brake recall item. I can't think of anything else. (oh, I did replace the serpentine and timing belts as a precaution at 120,000 miles). A FANTASTIC vehicle. This is my third Ranger and I will buy another.

My Green Baby's The Best!
By Allwomenneedpickups on 01/03/05 17:04 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

If someone had told me I'd be driving a pickup truck 10 years ago I would have thought they were crazy. This baby has moved my friends, transported refrigerators & freezers, helped me transport all that Home Depot stuff to renovate my house, picked up those 'finds' along the curb on garbage day, and much more with just regular oil changes and tune-ups. Only problem has been a need for fuel pumps every 2 years! Everything else is regular maintenance. I hate to sell it, but now I need an extended cab.

Built Ford Tough
By vikegirl on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had my Ford Ranger XLT for almost 8 years and I have had very little problems with it besides the routine maintenance and up-keep. This truck is dependable and very rugged. The power is unbelievable in both city and freeway traffic when it counts the most. This is one of the best buys you can make if you are looking for a vehicle to be able to take tough driving conditions and last.

centament
By sallystruthers on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

good car awesome to drive fun egine keeps my through the day had since 1994 own now with 150000 mles and no major problems

Ranger Rough
By sherwould on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased my 1994, fully loaded Ranger new. It now has 132,000 miles 9 years later. It has truly been an outstanding little truck. I have never had a problem with it. It still has the get- up-and-go it had when new (4.0 L engine). I am now a believer in the "Built Ford Tough" slogan. If your thinking of buying a used truck, this is a great choice!