Used 1994 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Best Car
By Arie_28

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

this is my first car and its the best. I bought it froma mechanic friend whom the second owner had sold it to him because it neededa new trnasmission. Since i got it i love it. Have neverhd a problem and it runs strong. Haveing it standard is great. I will mssit when i gt my second car. But i highly sujest it to all

Entire car

Just Plain FUN!!
By TrueBlueFord

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this little truck to do some light hauling and running about. It is the 2.3 engine with a 5 speed and although it won't set the world on fire powerwise, it will cruise with traffic on the interstate at 75mph with no sweat and in town is just fine. It runs perfect and handles great, especially the way it turns (real tight) and has absolutely NO squeaks, rattles or noises. Rust free and the paint is still shiney. Cranks right up and is eager to go. The A/C will freeze your jaw off and the defroster works fast! Great brakes and suspension. I totally love to drive it and actually take it out more than my new Explorer with the 4.0. The 8 plugs is because the engine is a semi-hemi design.

Fun to drive and very agile around town. Gas mileage is good at around 24mpg overall. Good looking design and love the size when parking. Tough, simple and cheap to keep. The engine compartment will easily accept a 5.0 V- 8 and there are kits on the market, thats next! Above all else...it's a FORD!

Easier seatbelt functions and locations. Needs a power point access for 12volt as the lighter in the ashtray is not easily reachable for cellphone chargers. More glove compartment space. Of course more power would be nice out of the 4 banger but its not a race truck!

I made the right choice.
By anonymous

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have owned this vehicle since it was new. It has been outstanding in reliability. When I purchased this truck I had one thing in mind and that was long term ownership. This truck has not let me down. Compared to today's newer trucks and cars with so many creature comforts yes this truck looks a little aged, but I do not plan to give this thing up for anything. As long as it runs and is reliable I will drive it daily. Even when I finally do purchase a new vehicle I will probably keep this as a second car. Of course this is not a vehicle for everyone but for a person who mostly drives alone this is great. 195,000 and still runs great with no rust. Has never seen road salt.

Uncluttered instrument panel, comfortable seats and very agile. Best of all I am not stuck with black, gray or tan interior. My interior is red.

Like others say. Better gas mileage.

Micheal Myers of trucks--just won't die.
By Lil Mule

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck brand new in Feb of 95, and haven't looked back since. 335,234 miles (original engine and tranny) it's safe to say this truck has paid for itself three times over. With only two clutches replaced (working on my third) and regular maintainence, this truck has never given me a problem- -even after smashing a full grown deer, two rear-end collisions and a steel reinforced pole that inconspicuously jump out in front of me. All this, and doesn't drip any oil.

The fact it has never left me on the side of the road.

Direct turbo four that I hear rumored for 09 and 10 Lincons and F-150--

1994 Ford Ranger
By thedog

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my 1994 Ford Ranger for a steal at 1000 dollars. When I bought it, it had 328,000 miles on as far as I know the first engine. I have only replaced the starter and the fuel pump and soon it will need a new clutch but other than that it still runs great at 337,000 miles.

The whole truck