1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Best Car
By Arie_28 on 05/10/10 19:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

this is my first car and its the best. I bought it froma mechanic friend whom the second owner had sold it to him because it neededa new trnasmission. Since i got it i love it. Have neverhd a problem and it runs strong. Haveing it standard is great. I will mssit when i gt my second car. But i highly sujest it to all

Just Plain FUN!!
By TrueBlueFord on 02/08/10 19:44 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this little truck to do some light hauling and running about. It is the 2.3 engine with a 5 speed and although it won't set the world on fire powerwise, it will cruise with traffic on the interstate at 75mph with no sweat and in town is just fine. It runs perfect and handles great, especially the way it turns (real tight) and has absolutely NO squeaks, rattles or noises. Rust free and the paint is still shiney. Cranks right up and is eager to go. The A/C will freeze your jaw off and the defroster works fast! Great brakes and suspension. I totally love to drive it and actually take it out more than my new Explorer with the 4.0. The 8 plugs is because the engine is a semi-hemi design.

A recalll that needs to happen
By Bub Cooper on 11/24/09 04:33 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have only owned this 4x4 a short time but very dissatisfied. When putting in 4x4 I hear a growling and clunking. After reading many reviews they still have problems with auto hubs, relays and 4x4 motor on transfer case. The truck is very uncomfotable to drive but has alot of power with the V6 engine. This truvk is a 94 and you would think Ford would have fixed the problems with the 4x4 by now. By the way it burns a court of oil every two fill ups but doesn't leak a drop. I'm selling this piece of sh.t

I made the right choice.
By anonymous on 03/15/09 02:55 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have owned this vehicle since it was new. It has been outstanding in reliability. When I purchased this truck I had one thing in mind and that was long term ownership. This truck has not let me down. Compared to today's newer trucks and cars with so many creature comforts yes this truck looks a little aged, but I do not plan to give this thing up for anything. As long as it runs and is reliable I will drive it daily. Even when I finally do purchase a new vehicle I will probably keep this as a second car. Of course this is not a vehicle for everyone but for a person who mostly drives alone this is great. 195,000 and still runs great with no rust. Has never seen road salt.

Micheal Myers of trucks--just won't die.
By Lil Mule on 10/19/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck brand new in Feb of 95, and haven't looked back since. 335,234 miles (original engine and tranny) it's safe to say this truck has paid for itself three times over. With only two clutches replaced (working on my third) and regular maintainence, this truck has never given me a problem- -even after smashing a full grown deer, two rear-end collisions and a steel reinforced pole that inconspicuously jump out in front of me. All this, and doesn't drip any oil.

The best truck anyone could ever buy
By Gold Ranger on 08/02/08 16:13 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck with 105,000 miles on it just to drive to work and take the trash out. It lacks in the power department, mine has an auto trans and it shifts perfectly. I love the truck. I've taken it to the beach, up the mountains, pulled campers, horse trailers. So far no problems other than the AC had a leak cost like 3.00 to fix. Would recomend to anybody! I would like a console and a seat that laid back a little more.

1994 Ford Ranger
By thedog on 07/31/08 20:02 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my 1994 Ford Ranger for a steal at 1000 dollars. When I bought it, it had 328,000 miles on as far as I know the first engine. I have only replaced the starter and the fuel pump and soon it will need a new clutch but other than that it still runs great at 337,000 miles.

1994 Ford Ranger 2WD SuperCab 4.0L
By idrivearanger5 on 05/04/08 05:34 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Even though I have only had it for a few months, my Ranger has proved itself to be a reliable, tough and fun to drive truck. With the odometer nearly touching 150,000, this Ranger is a true American workhorse. The city MPG is really pitiful(12-16), but the highway is pretty good, I calcuated 24 mpg. These Rangers can take a beating I'll tell you what! I am 100% sold on Ford vehicles and I will never buy anything else. We also own a 2005 Ford Freestyle AWD and we love that too. Kudos to Ford!

Best little truck I ever owned
By Ludwig on 12/24/07 17:23 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Bought this truck new in 1994 because I liked the way it looked compared to the competitors small trucks. I always get compliments on the looks and even after owning it for over 13 years and racking up 240,000 miles it still runs great,no engine or transmission problems, it still has the original clutch and exhaust system. The 4.0 v6 has plenty of power, engine is very responsive, I'm still getting around 20 mpg, the 4WD great, but when the factory hubs went bad I replaced them with manual locking hubs, a lot easier on the wallet and more reliable. I can't say anything bad about this truck, it's been the best truck I ever owned

120,000 miles, No Problems
By Vasolini on 05/25/07 09:45 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Splash 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

This has been a great vehicle. Although the 4 cylinder engine lacks a bit of power for towing, the truck has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. The only time I've ever had it in the shop was because of the hydralic clutch. I could not get that thing to bleed out the air! Other than that, just the usual maintenance, and this truck could last forever, just about!