Used 1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Can't argue with it!
By smoo4asw

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

We were expecting to pay $275 to get the fuel injectors cleaned out but someone at our local AutoZone showed us a quicker and arguably better way to get it done. We put one can of Sea Foam in the gas tank and another directly into the engine through one of the vacuum lines, and then we went from having 6.75% of the total emissions being CO to only 0.02% after the smoke completely cleared! It hasn't done that good since it was new, and back then we didn't need emissions testing. This truck is such a faithful servant to us that we would rather repair or replace whatever might go wrong than start all over again. Not having a car payment is tops.

No car payment since we paid it off and we have not taken out a title loan on it ever. The ultimate level of toughness displayed over 20 years. It's so easy to get the emissions test passed on it when it's happy. It doesn't burn gas to excess like our V8 F-150 from 9 years later. Plus, when we bought it, we got it for less than $10,000! That's something that no new car can claim today and only a couple since we bought ye olde Ranger.

Please go back to making these so that people who don't need a backseat but need something that is both reliable and fuel efficient can not have to waste their money. For people who need a backseat bring back the Extended Cab models. There really isn't anything I don't like as long as the whole family doesn't need to go somewhere in it (we bought an F-150 because of that and it's equally rock solid.)

Best Car
By Arie_28

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

this is my first car and its the best. I bought it froma mechanic friend whom the second owner had sold it to him because it neededa new trnasmission. Since i got it i love it. Have neverhd a problem and it runs strong. Haveing it standard is great. I will mssit when i gt my second car. But i highly sujest it to all

Entire car

Just Plain FUN!!
By TrueBlueFord

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this little truck to do some light hauling and running about. It is the 2.3 engine with a 5 speed and although it won't set the world on fire powerwise, it will cruise with traffic on the interstate at 75mph with no sweat and in town is just fine. It runs perfect and handles great, especially the way it turns (real tight) and has absolutely NO squeaks, rattles or noises. Rust free and the paint is still shiney. Cranks right up and is eager to go. The A/C will freeze your jaw off and the defroster works fast! Great brakes and suspension. I totally love to drive it and actually take it out more than my new Explorer with the 4.0. The 8 plugs is because the engine is a semi-hemi design.

Fun to drive and very agile around town. Gas mileage is good at around 24mpg overall. Good looking design and love the size when parking. Tough, simple and cheap to keep. The engine compartment will easily accept a 5.0 V- 8 and there are kits on the market, thats next! Above all else...it's a FORD!

Easier seatbelt functions and locations. Needs a power point access for 12volt as the lighter in the ashtray is not easily reachable for cellphone chargers. More glove compartment space. Of course more power would be nice out of the 4 banger but its not a race truck!

A recalll that needs to happen
By Bub Cooper

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have only owned this 4x4 a short time but very dissatisfied. When putting in 4x4 I hear a growling and clunking. After reading many reviews they still have problems with auto hubs, relays and 4x4 motor on transfer case. The truck is very uncomfotable to drive but has alot of power with the V6 engine. This truvk is a 94 and you would think Ford would have fixed the problems with the 4x4 by now. By the way it burns a court of oil every two fill ups but doesn't leak a drop. I'm selling this piece of sh.t

Power only

Start over and read reviews

I made the right choice.
By anonymous

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have owned this vehicle since it was new. It has been outstanding in reliability. When I purchased this truck I had one thing in mind and that was long term ownership. This truck has not let me down. Compared to today's newer trucks and cars with so many creature comforts yes this truck looks a little aged, but I do not plan to give this thing up for anything. As long as it runs and is reliable I will drive it daily. Even when I finally do purchase a new vehicle I will probably keep this as a second car. Of course this is not a vehicle for everyone but for a person who mostly drives alone this is great. 195,000 and still runs great with no rust. Has never seen road salt.

Uncluttered instrument panel, comfortable seats and very agile. Best of all I am not stuck with black, gray or tan interior. My interior is red.

Like others say. Better gas mileage.