Used 1994 Ford Ranger XL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Very Suprised
By Eric

1994 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Overall this truck has surprised me. I'm a Chevy lover and yet i like this truck. Very comfortable and great on gas. Despite i have the two wheel drive version it love the mud. No major problems with it. 189,000 miles and still going strong.

Easy to work on 4cy! Full size spare tire.

More power for the 4cylinder engine

Best I've ever owned
By Mountain Man

1994 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

This has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. After 157,000 miles (mostly commuting), I've not had a single mechanical failure. My only expenses have been maintenance. I drove it on a 12 hour trip and it was as comfortable as any car I've ever driven.

Reliable, economical.

1994 Ranger still going strong
By mamacita99

1994 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck new and have hauled a full load on average once each week. After 180,000 miles the only repair involved replacing the clutch after 100,000 miles. This has been one of the most economical trucks I could have purchased. It still runs great and who knows how long that engine is going to last.

Economical and dependable. The transmission has been flawless. Rear bumper is very tough-was rearended hit at 20 mph with barely a scratch.

The clutch on this model seems weak. It is going to need another clutch soon. You can smell the clutch burn when backing in with a heavy load. The seatbelt wore through and the seats were not tough enough to endure heavy use.

This truck just will not stop!
By Fscott

1994 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my Ford Ranger XLT Extended brand new off the lot. It has a v6 4.0 liter with auto transmission and let me tell you, this thing will not stop. I mean, I have had almost no trouble out of it. Currently it has 161,000 miles on it and idles and runs like it did 100,000 miles ago. My dad bought a Chev S10 2 weeks after I bought the Ranger, and his truck is about to fall apart! I would buy this truck again any day. When Ford states that that they are built Ford tough....beleive it. This thing has been trough it all, and never fails me.

Reliablity, tough, fun to drive.

None