1994 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Great truck, keeps on going
By Bill on 05/22/08 10:10 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Ranger STX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in '94 and I used it every day for 10 years until I got a family minivan. I have towed concrete mixers, hauled scrap and lumber, use it weekly to carry stuff to the dump. I carried the kids in the extended cab (when they were little, not a lot of room there.) The truck never let me down and today I still have it (though it's semi-retired)and use it 3-4 times a month to go to the dump. It has 167,000 miles on it and now my daughter just got her lisense and she drives it daily to school and about. It still gets 22+MPG. Never did more than routine maint and replaced the clutch 2x. What a great investment in 1994!

Jeep Hauler
By CJRay on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Ranger STX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought the truck new,and almost 8 years and 168K later it still runs great.It has lost some of its pep,but is driven hard.Mostly highway miles,but a lot are hauling Jeep parts.I haul frames,engines,trannys,axles,-most at the same time. Squat it down with a load, and the little 4-cyl gives its all and comes back for more.I hauled 2 loads of bricks that broke the back springs. Replaced them, and I was back in business.Built Ford Tough-Heck yeah. I know guys with full sizes that don't get as much use. My friends will be sad when it goes-it is a lot of fun to see Jeep frames hauled by a SB Ranger. Go Ranger-168K and counting!