1993 Ford Ranger 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - First Truck Owned

1993 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

XL Regular Cab Pickup (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

First Truck Owned
By Bob Sass on

1993 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased the vehicle in September of 93 and it is still running strong. I drive 70 miles everyday and haul my dogs on the weekend, so the truck gets little down time. The vehicle is scheduled for it's first brake job in one week and has logged over 208,000 miles, mostly highway. The original exhaust system has a small rattle where the catalatic converter broke a weld on the shield last week, so the vehicle has costed well below the average. Outside of the normal oil changes and tire replacements, this truck has been major repair free, and Iam excited about that aspect.

Favorite Features

My favorite has to be the comfort of the seats and ease and placement of the accessories. Everything is at your finger tips with little eyes off the road time.

Suggested Improvements

My only suggestions would be to improve the gas mileage, 18-20 mpg average is more like a big truck than a small vehicle. It has been in that range since day one. The other area is have a better hill climbing capacity. Even on the interstate any small rise in the road will slow down the vehicle