1993 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Tested TUFF
By jeffjax on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

VERY GOOD TRUCK 107027 mi ADD OIL GAS AND GO

Ranger Splash
By mintsplash on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Splash 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Mine is a 93 Ranger Splash. I bought it in 97 with 900 miles on it. It has ran and performed great!

my truck
By Mr. wizard on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I own a 93' ford ranger xlt 2door extended cab. i havent found a thing wrong with it. the truck runs good after 11 years!!! I would suggest it as a first car for anyone.

ford tough
By charleswilliam on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

bought in jan. 1993 with the exception of oil changes, belts & hoses, i have only replaced the clutch and module. been a very reliable and enjoyable vehicle to drive. I bought a new 2001 f- 150 fwd but i still enjoy driving my ranger better.

rangers are great
By joe d on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

i love my truck. i bought it with 57000 miles, and it now has 138000 and is going strong. i can do everything in it or with it. i can haul cargo, move, pull a boat, or bring along friends. it is fun to drive and handles great in tight areas.

193,500 miles running perfect
By schlager67 on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I had my ranger for six years and it was recently totaled. Up to this point it was running great. I bought it at 104,000 miles and it would still be on the rode with 193,500 miles if it weren't for that 93 year old lady that hit me. The 90,000 miles I owned it I replaced the water pump, starter, timing belt and the fan belt. This was a very reliable truck. This was the 2.3L four cylinder!

Ten years later, still going strong
By Kiwanda on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

Bought new in spring '93 and it's only at 96K now;still looks/runs about as good as new. Beyond regular maintenance we've done no repairs other than replace a cracked clutch slave and deal with the poorly-designed parking brake. All the heat shields have been removed after they started to fall off (or rattle) over the years. Note: this V6 burned about 1 qt oil every 1,500 miles since it was new-- Ford claimed this was "within spec" and it's never really changed. Re-torquing the intake manifold bolts seemed to help for a while, but it certainly didn't stop the oil use.

getting hp out of the 3.0
By DangerRanger184 on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Splash 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

i have had the truck for about a year now, and i must say, stock the truck is peppy but after a few modification the truck has potential. i have a 93 Ford ranger splash with the 3.0 v6, i just put 1300 into it, new clutch, slave cylinder,timing chain, water pump,fan clutch, and rear transmission seals. Great truck though, its Ford Tough

Not very high quaility
By Mark Crosier on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Truck needs a lower 1st gear.At about 100,000 miles,everything started breaking,power windows,door locks,overheating problems etc.I have been a mechanic for 20 years and have done way more maintance than the average consumer.Also from day one the plastic interior started falling apart.

Going Strong
By Steve B on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck new in 1993. I have had another vehicle most of the past 10 years, so the mileage isn't too high (80K). Other than the leaks others have written about, no major problems or unplanned expenses. Exterior has held up well. Interior fabrics, carpet, and trim have held up very well. It is relegated to being a hauler & airport parker (to keep my "good" car safe at home), but I'm planning to keep it another 10 years.