1993 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
17 years old and still going strong
By leftatdunkirk on 07/24/10 13:17 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this 1993 Ranger from a friend for only $200 and have put $2,000 into repairs, including a new transmission. The truck runs great and has only a few issues. Gas mileage is OK but not great, and the clutch is pretty hard to depress. Other than that, it is great little truck for moving stuff around and saving on delivery charges. Overall, we are glad we acquired this truck!

Will probably never get rid of it
By zephyr on 03/16/10 08:31 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck used fresh out of college with 16,500 miles on it. It now has over 140,000 and I have loved every mile. Not going to win any races but still a lot of fun to drive. Hated to hear Ford was going to discontinue the Ranger! Great truck for 20 somethings! Don't drive it much now that I have a family but get it out as much as I can. Oil, tires, and brakes are all that I have had to replace. Even the interior still looks good. With proper care it should be good for several hundred thousand more miles.

Reliable truck
By G.Nacin on 09/13/09 13:40 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Truck is small but powerful - this one has the V6 engine so it has a lot of get up and go for a small truck. Has manual transmission which tends to feel 'sloppy' with the gear selector. Had to replace engine two years ago due to oil leak and engine freezing up - still cheaper to replace engine with rebuilt one (was about $3600 to replace) than buy new vehicle. Runs fine again...good work truck. Gets about 22 mpg.

One of a Kind
By Moore on 06/01/09 21:43 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have this to say about my Ranger. They don't make them like they used to. This truck is the most solid thing I've ever owned. I was only 20 when I bought it and I was a little afraid to jump into a new truck that had totally been changed from the previous year. Best $10,270 I've ever spent. Rangers RULE the light truck world! I plan on rebuilding it from the ground up and driving it until I can drive no more.

Great Truck
By steve on 03/06/07 14:29 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my Ranger new in 1993. I now have over 200K miles. I learned how to drive a manual with it and it still has the original clutch and tranny. I do most of the routine maintenance myself. Most of it is fairly easy except for the spark plugs (the engineers must have had very small hands). The only real problem I have had was the computer would randomly open the fuel pump relay. New computer, problem solved. The engine doesn't leak oil, but I've been going through some coolant. It doesn't show up in the oil, so it must not be a real problem. The gas mileage isn't as good as when I got it, but it's still better than most other trucks (20-25 avg).

Takes a likcing and keeps on ticking!
By Ranger919 on 11/23/04 17:00 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this Ranger with 65k miles on it. I never intended to have this many miles on the truck, but it just keeps running. I had a pin hole in the radiator at 165,000; replaced the transmission, water pump, clutch and ball joints at 185,000, (nothing was broken I just thought it was time to replace before they broke. My next vehicle will be a Ford Ranger! But not until I am done with this one.

193,500 miles running perfect
By schlager67 on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I had my ranger for six years and it was recently totaled. Up to this point it was running great. I bought it at 104,000 miles and it would still be on the rode with 193,500 miles if it weren't for that 93 year old lady that hit me. The 90,000 miles I owned it I replaced the water pump, starter, timing belt and the fan belt. This was a very reliable truck. This was the 2.3L four cylinder!

1993 Ford Ranger XLT Standard Cab SB
By RobWilkins on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Excellent, reliable vehicle! I bought it in 1999 with 72,000 miles. It is now 2003 and the truck has over 106,000 and is still running strong. I have had no problems at all with the engine. The only two items I've had to replace are the sending unit and the exhaust system. I am very good about changing the oil & filter every 2500-3000 miles and the gas & air filter every 10,000 miles, and the plugs & wires every 20,000-25,000 miles... I guess it pays off! I love this truck!!!

personal oppinion of 87 year old driver
By nfdeminco on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this vehicle used with 19000 miles on it I have driven it ever since with no nechanical problems. It does ride rather stiff but fuel economy is very good and reaction is very good though it only a four cylinder with dual ignition and overdrice. I do think undercarriage is more susceptible to road salts deterioration than usual. Should have better frame rust protection.

My 1993 Ford Ranger
By Frank Valdez on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

My 1993 Ford Ranger is red and has an extended cab. It has good tiers. Have recently put a new fan clutch as well as a new fan. Recently I installed a front grill. The paint is good. It also has a good V6 engine. The transmission needs work but it is usesable. It could go for another 10,000 miles if not more depending on the treatment.