1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Energizer ranger
By rich on 07/15/10 10:47 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Excellent running truck. I'm the 3rd owner of this truck. Currently it has 185,000 miles with just regular maint. I work for nys dot and the truck gets me to work in the worst snowstorms with summer tires. I do agree the fuel mileage does stink 18 mpg.

310000 miles & still going
By Stan on 07/25/09 15:59 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab STX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have owned this truck for approx 12 years. Has 310,000 miles on it and still purrs. No AC now and other than typical maintenance no problems.

I'll drive it until the wheels fall off.
By Susan on 05/24/08 12:34 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck brand new nearly 15 years ago and put every mile on it myself. It will turn to 00000 again for the 2nd time soon. I've only had to do regular maintenance with one or two rare exceptions over the last 15 years. This is an amazing little truck & still looks great. My car guy tells me I should easily get another 5 years out of it, if not more. Mileage is what they are advertising for "fuel efficient" trucks & SUVs right now. My sister keeps trying to get me to buy a new car so my young niece can have this truck. That says it all.

440000 miles and still going strong
By ranger lover on 03/10/08 19:52 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This has been an awesome truck. I now have over 440,000 miles on it and still drive it everyday with no problem. I have installed two clutches, 2 water pumps, air conditioning, and 2 alternators. Not bad for many years and miles of use. Nothing major and never any engine work.

93 Ford Ranger
By RShearn on 02/22/06 16:27 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Purchased new Nov. 1993, it has 226,000 miles on the original engine. Wished I could find a new truck as reliable. My sons have learned to drive a manual shift with this vehicle and have put many miles on it themselves. Besides tires, brakes, exhaust, starter, belts, hoses, water pump, and 3 carrier bearings - everything else is original from the factory. It doesn't use a drop of oil - changed every 3000 - 4000 miles.

Tested TUFF
By jeffjax on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

VERY GOOD TRUCK 107027 mi ADD OIL GAS AND GO

my truck
By Mr. wizard on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I own a 93' ford ranger xlt 2door extended cab. i havent found a thing wrong with it. the truck runs good after 11 years!!! I would suggest it as a first car for anyone.

ford tough
By charleswilliam on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

bought in jan. 1993 with the exception of oil changes, belts & hoses, i have only replaced the clutch and module. been a very reliable and enjoyable vehicle to drive. I bought a new 2001 f- 150 fwd but i still enjoy driving my ranger better.

rangers are great
By joe d on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

i love my truck. i bought it with 57000 miles, and it now has 138000 and is going strong. i can do everything in it or with it. i can haul cargo, move, pull a boat, or bring along friends. it is fun to drive and handles great in tight areas.

Not very high quaility
By Mark Crosier on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Truck needs a lower 1st gear.At about 100,000 miles,everything started breaking,power windows,door locks,overheating problems etc.I have been a mechanic for 20 years and have done way more maintance than the average consumer.Also from day one the plastic interior started falling apart.