1993 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Energizer ranger
By rich on 07/15/10 10:47 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Excellent running truck. I'm the 3rd owner of this truck. Currently it has 185,000 miles with just regular maint. I work for nys dot and the truck gets me to work in the worst snowstorms with summer tires. I do agree the fuel mileage does stink 18 mpg.

I'll drive it until the wheels fall off.
By Susan on 05/24/08 12:34 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck brand new nearly 15 years ago and put every mile on it myself. It will turn to 00000 again for the 2nd time soon. I've only had to do regular maintenance with one or two rare exceptions over the last 15 years. This is an amazing little truck & still looks great. My car guy tells me I should easily get another 5 years out of it, if not more. Mileage is what they are advertising for "fuel efficient" trucks & SUVs right now. My sister keeps trying to get me to buy a new car so my young niece can have this truck. That says it all.

440000 miles and still going strong
By ranger lover on 03/10/08 19:52 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This has been an awesome truck. I now have over 440,000 miles on it and still drive it everyday with no problem. I have installed two clutches, 2 water pumps, air conditioning, and 2 alternators. Not bad for many years and miles of use. Nothing major and never any engine work.

93 Ford Ranger
By RShearn on 02/22/06 16:27 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Purchased new Nov. 1993, it has 226,000 miles on the original engine. Wished I could find a new truck as reliable. My sons have learned to drive a manual shift with this vehicle and have put many miles on it themselves. Besides tires, brakes, exhaust, starter, belts, hoses, water pump, and 3 carrier bearings - everything else is original from the factory. It doesn't use a drop of oil - changed every 3000 - 4000 miles.

my truck
By Mr. wizard on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I own a 93' ford ranger xlt 2door extended cab. i havent found a thing wrong with it. the truck runs good after 11 years!!! I would suggest it as a first car for anyone.

ford tough
By charleswilliam on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

bought in jan. 1993 with the exception of oil changes, belts & hoses, i have only replaced the clutch and module. been a very reliable and enjoyable vehicle to drive. I bought a new 2001 f- 150 fwd but i still enjoy driving my ranger better.

rangers are great
By joe d on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

i love my truck. i bought it with 57000 miles, and it now has 138000 and is going strong. i can do everything in it or with it. i can haul cargo, move, pull a boat, or bring along friends. it is fun to drive and handles great in tight areas.

On its last legs?
By jasonelki on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

My ranger had 55,000 miles when I bought it in 1997, today it has 183,000. Other than the usual maintanance of brakes, tires, etc, haven't had many problems, except one. At 100,000 miles I replaced the leaky slave cylinder and put in a new clutch. At 150,000 the slave started leaking again, but this time I had the dealership fix it, which set me back about $700. Now, with 183,000, I will be letting her go soon. I have the 4.0 V6 with the 5-speed. This truck still has tons of snap, doesn't leak a drop of any fluid and ranges from 20 to 22mpg.

Loves the abuse
By chacharelli on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

My Ranger has the 4.0L V6 and 5 speed manual. Purchased when I was in high school in 1997 with 55,000 miles. It was my first vehicle, so of course it was abused early in our relationship. Now, with 120,000 miles - it just won't quit. Still gets 21+ mpg highway, and the torquey engine has not faded. Replaced the clutch at 85,000 but that was the only major repair. Reliability is almost unbelievable.

171,000 miles and still running strong..
By Good Ole Ford Fan on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Wow, 171,000 miles and this little is still running. She's part of the family. I thought about selling her, but why...I love this ford truck...as reliable as my german shepherd Shadow.