Used 1992 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Ford Ranger XLT 4WD 2 DR. LB w/4.0 V6
By Kenny Barker

1992 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I kove this truck.Great gas mileage and the engine has a lot of zip.Very fun to drive.

Everything about this truck is great. Just a fun truck to drive.

Seat gets uncomfortable after a few hours of driving.

patricksrating1171
By paatrick

1992 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Custom 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have only had this truck a couple of months, and I am 3rd or 4th party, but it is still in excellent condition, except for a few small scratches, and it runs great! I told my wife I wouldn't have another Ford after the '94 Taurus, except maby a truck, and this little truck is great so far.

Engine and transmission. The combination performs very well togeather.

Seat padding could be better, but I suspect a heavier person had this truck before, as it was a company vehicle.

It's been a great truck
By Coby

1992 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I have had only two mechanical problems with it in 10 years. AC compressor and front locking hubs. The 2.9 liter 6 has always had enough power, and I do not understand why anyone needs the 4 liter engine. I get 22 mpg on the highway. (Automatic transmission). I have loaded this truck down on several occasions with no problem. Towing 2000 lbs you don't even know it's back there. I consistantly drive 5 hours at a time in it and my 6'2" frame gets a bit stiff, but no permanent damage. Other than change the fluids, I haven't done a thing to the engine in 95000 miles.

Heavy payload package. Ride clearance. Rides like a truck, not a car. Turning radius. Power steering. Always starts and goes. Great city and country truck.

Front automatic locking hub redesign.

Good commuter, long bed
By L.A.Pierce

1992 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

Truck has generally been good.Passenger window burst while under warranty, oil pan gasket slipped and need to be replaced, rear brakes exploded (spring?), easy fix, door pilar is rusting at base, fuel gauge is not working, original tires lasted a long time. Don't dare to use the spare as permanent tire since carrier cut into side of tire.

Small turning radius, easy parking, high seat makes for good visibility. Original radio works fine.

Gains horse power in cool weather, maybe cool the air to the engine in hot weather?

92 Ranger
By DAO

1992 Ford Ranger Regular Cab STX 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought it at 92000 miles, have driven it to 130300 miles and only had to fix a small problem with the fan, an exhaust leak at the muffler, and at 129000 miles the manual shifter is getting stiff. I hope the newer models are as good since I am sure to buy my 4th Ranger.

Favorite feature is being able to insert the key turn it, and get to where I am going for 2 1/2 years.

Need to find room for a subwoofer.