Used 1992 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Satisfied original owner - 14 years
By atnfmc

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This Ford Ranger is my second in a row. I purchased this one because it has air conditioning and I need it here in South Florida. I have maintained it on schedule and have garaged it whenever possible. The only large expense has been the clutch. Because of the position of the slave cylinder it is impossible to service the slave without removing the housing for the master cylinder, too. So, clutch work is expensive. All else is original and works well.

Favorite Features

The little engine sips gas, yet hauls all the junk I need to haul. Also, the 5 speed overdrive allows me to do up to 80 on the highway with no problem. Rear antilock brakes were a bonus for 1992.

Suggested Improvements

Not much interior space for dry hauling. It is not an extended cab. I had to add the bedliner and tie down posts. I have a net in the back for small light loads.

Ford Ranger XLT 4WD 2 DR. LB w/4.0 V6
By Kenny Barker

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I kove this truck.Great gas mileage and the engine has a lot of zip.Very fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Everything about this truck is great. Just a fun truck to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Seat gets uncomfortable after a few hours of driving.

1992 Ranger 4x4 STX Ext. cab. SB
By rubyshaun

1992 Ford Ranger STX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I got this truck, and have loved every moment I've spent in it, I'm 18, and I go four wheeling, and I wheel hard. This truck has held sturdy, with no modifications (No lift, stock tires, etc), and it comes off the dirt, onto concrete wonderfully. My only vauge complaint would be gas mileage, but for a 4.0 V-6, it does wonderfully, especially if you take off the tailgate, an easy removal. My only warning bout this truck is it seems that the paint flakes off alot. Buy this if you want a sturdy small work truck...Not if you want a pretty truck.

Favorite Features

Power, Comfortable ride, EASILY removed tail gate (I've had other trucks where this was an issue)...I love this whole truck.

Suggested Improvements

This isn't to ford, this is to Aftermarket modifications companies...Make stuff for the early Rangers, not just the new ones.

!992 ford Ranger XLT
By Rod 087

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is my second ranger and it has been a very good truck,the only thing i had to repair were normal wear and tear items like brakes ,tires ,shocks, the only real repiar was the intake manifold was leaking antifreeze and i had to relace the gasket in 130,000 miles.

Favorite Features

smooth ride quality for a small pickup and comfertable interior.

Suggested Improvements

Could be a little wider.

patricksrating1171
By paatrick

1992 Ford Ranger Custom 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have only had this truck a couple of months, and I am 3rd or 4th party, but it is still in excellent condition, except for a few small scratches, and it runs great! I told my wife I wouldn't have another Ford after the '94 Taurus, except maby a truck, and this little truck is great so far.

Favorite Features

Engine and transmission. The combination performs very well togeather.

Suggested Improvements

Seat padding could be better, but I suspect a heavier person had this truck before, as it was a company vehicle.