1992 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Recommended
By tabbies on 12/21/11 16:24 PM (PST)

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This is my dad's ranger. He fxed it up so it's like new, had an enourmous amount of problems(refused to start, worn everything, severe loss of fuel efficiency/performance etc, etc, etc, etc,) Now the brakes work like a charm, brand new engine, trans, tires, etc. main problems=BODY ROLL IS INSANE, my dad could not drive it after a short drive, he had a bad knot in his neck and I drove him home. fuel economy is on avg. 17mpg. you have to keep in the 2-3k rpm band for tiptop perfor/fuel effici. It has decent power. It's a bit loud but I like to hear the engine. overall, if you can find one, and fix it up, buy it. It's a good choice, unless your old and experience frequent joint pains. -_-

a great truck
By k collins on 04/27/10 22:30 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

i am the second owner of this truck.purchased in 1994 with 27,000 miles.have replaced tires,belts,hoses,and brakes.a/c went out on it at 150,000 miles.5 speed tranny went out on it at 170,000 miles.replaced tranny and still kept on driving it.it has been a very reliable truck.this truck still has the factory ford clutch in it at 233,000 and still works great.on long distance driving with the 4 cylinder and 5 speed it gets 30 miles to the gallon on the open road.has been a very reliable truck with excellent gas mileage.would love to have another that has been as reliable and built as tough as this truck.

My Opinion
By jimmy on 04/08/09 18:32 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

i bought this 92 very happy with it. used for hauling water since we live in the desert of texas.

Tough little truck
By myrating2008 on 06/23/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Ranger S 2dr Regular Cab SB

My Dad bought this truck new in 1992 in Washington state. It's been all over the US from Arizona to Ohio. And from Georgia to Ohio back numerous times. Now the truck is mine as my dad bought a new Ford Ranger. We live in Ohio with some pretty bad winters. Even on the coldest of days truck runs great. I will never buy anything other than a Ford!

Love my man's truck
By D Havens on 04/22/07 11:44 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

We've had 2 Mazda Proteges and a Toyota Sienna in the time since we bought this truck, and the truck has easily outlasted them all. Granted, the red paint has faded to a funny dark pink, but it has never been in the shop for any major repairs. And, no, we don't work on it at home. My Sienna, which cost more than 3 times the amount, has cost me at least the price of the truck in repairs. Thank you, Ford, for a simple, no- frills, dependable product.

Satisfied original owner - 14 years
By atnfmc on 02/10/06 23:23 PM (PST)

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This Ford Ranger is my second in a row. I purchased this one because it has air conditioning and I need it here in South Florida. I have maintained it on schedule and have garaged it whenever possible. The only large expense has been the clutch. Because of the position of the slave cylinder it is impossible to service the slave without removing the housing for the master cylinder, too. So, clutch work is expensive. All else is original and works well.

Ford Ranger XLT 4WD 2 DR. LB w/4.0 V6
By Kenny Barker on 04/12/05 07:01 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I kove this truck.Great gas mileage and the engine has a lot of zip.Very fun to drive.

1992 Ranger 4x4 STX Ext. cab. SB
By rubyshaun on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Ranger STX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I got this truck, and have loved every moment I've spent in it, I'm 18, and I go four wheeling, and I wheel hard. This truck has held sturdy, with no modifications (No lift, stock tires, etc), and it comes off the dirt, onto concrete wonderfully. My only vauge complaint would be gas mileage, but for a 4.0 V-6, it does wonderfully, especially if you take off the tailgate, an easy removal. My only warning bout this truck is it seems that the paint flakes off alot. Buy this if you want a sturdy small work truck...Not if you want a pretty truck.

!992 ford Ranger XLT
By Rod 087 on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is my second ranger and it has been a very good truck,the only thing i had to repair were normal wear and tear items like brakes ,tires ,shocks, the only real repiar was the intake manifold was leaking antifreeze and i had to relace the gasket in 130,000 miles.

patricksrating1171
By paatrick on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Ranger Custom 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have only had this truck a couple of months, and I am 3rd or 4th party, but it is still in excellent condition, except for a few small scratches, and it runs great! I told my wife I wouldn't have another Ford after the '94 Taurus, except maby a truck, and this little truck is great so far.