1991 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews 2

1991 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Ford Ranger
By Jan Lockwood on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Ranger S 2dr Regular Cab SB

Used truck with over 100,000 miles. Has an oil leak that cannot be repaired.Exterior door damaged. Somewhat beat up.

True Blue The Roaming Ranger
By cakinsey on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has deleverd pizzas, pulled crew-cab longe bed duellies out of sand and moved me around the great state of texas for more that three years. Just now rolling over 166,000 miles I am starting to have trouble with the second clutch. I must say that this little truck is one of the best investments I have ever made. I have collided head on with a wood post metal rail guardrail at 45 mph and just broke the supports to the guardrail. I have taken the motor over 5500 rpm countless times while spanking small import cars with flashy bodywork. Only small repairs, such as a waterpump at 145,000, and the normal tune up and brake jobs needed.

this truck wont die
By 9.03 on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Ranger S 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck is the only automobile I have ever owned. I've never truly liked it as the ride isn't too comfortable, and only has room for two but it's been highly reliable. I've never had a concern for it's well being and on numerous occasions have gone well past redline (not sure on that as there is no tach). I've treated it badly, my brothers (only two other owners) treated it badly, it looks bad thanks to a bad aftermarket paintjob, and gets pretty bad gas mileage 14city/23highway I once decided that if the engine siezed up that my parents would buy me a new car, so i didn't put oil in for 6 months (i'm guessing 7,000 miles) but the engine never quit.

I love this truck!
By electricgreen on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

Since buying the truck, I have had few problems. I have replaced wear items, like brakes and the muffler, as well as a head gasket. The truck now has 127,000 miles. It has performed it's duties as daily transportation and work truck well. It has driven us back and forth to work, as well as hauled building materials for home repairs without fault.