Used 1991 Ford Ranger S Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

truck that wont stop
By will_walk

1991 Ford Ranger Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab SB

im 18, father gave me this truck when i was 17 nev failed me milage read apprx. 745,367 mi. love the acceleration of the manual tranny. i can blow most cars off the road.

love the acceleration

power steering, hard to shift at times, handling, rear anti-lock brakes, top speed all need to be improved

been a great truck
By justin

1991 Ford Ranger Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my Ranger with 139,000 miles on it from the original owner. At 170,000 the over drive went out in the transmission; had it rebuilt, I've got about $2000 bucks in the truck and have been driving it for 5 years and put almost 100,000 miles on in and it's been the best vehicle I've ever owned. Its now got over 230,000 miles on it.

Big 4.0 engine. tons of power. although no towing power.

Ford Ranger
By Jan Lockwood

1991 Ford Ranger Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab SB

Used truck with over 100,000 miles. Has an oil leak that cannot be repaired.Exterior door damaged. Somewhat beat up.

Good air conditioner. Easy to steer.

Oil leak unable to repair. Exterior needs repair.

this truck wont die
By 9.03

1991 Ford Ranger Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck is the only automobile I have ever owned. I've never truly liked it as the ride isn't too comfortable, and only has room for two but it's been highly reliable. I've never had a concern for it's well being and on numerous occasions have gone well past redline (not sure on that as there is no tach). I've treated it badly, my brothers (only two other owners) treated it badly, it looks bad thanks to a bad aftermarket paintjob, and gets pretty bad gas mileage 14city/23highway I once decided that if the engine siezed up that my parents would buy me a new car, so i didn't put oil in for 6 months (i'm guessing 7,000 miles) but the engine never quit.

very reliable, at 140,000 miles it's still going. driving in the rain is always fun with very little weight over the drive wheels

the stock mirrors are horrible, I have had to replace them 3 times due to wear in the ball joint, not that this matters as they don't use the mirrors on new fords