1991 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Disappointment
By mofarmer on 05/27/11 22:19 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Custom 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I've owned this 2.3, 4 cyl, 4wd, 5 speed, short bed ranger for 3 months and is nothing to brag about. I have never exceeded 19 mpg and 14.5-15 is common, with a top speed of about 75 and going up most hills, it might lose 5-10 mph even after dropping a gear. The only good for this truck is most parts are still original, other than the steering sector and the mirrors can never stay in place.

truck that wont stop
By will_walk on 01/16/11 10:30 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Ranger Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab SB

im 18, father gave me this truck when i was 17 nev failed me milage read apprx. 745,367 mi. love the acceleration of the manual tranny. i can blow most cars off the road.

been a great truck
By justin on 07/09/06 18:31 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Ranger Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my Ranger with 139,000 miles on it from the original owner. At 170,000 the over drive went out in the transmission; had it rebuilt, I've got about $2000 bucks in the truck and have been driving it for 5 years and put almost 100,000 miles on in and it's been the best vehicle I've ever owned. Its now got over 230,000 miles on it.

Invincible
By Ranger on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

i owned a ranger for 2 years and never regretted a minute of it. there simply isnt a better light truck on the market. on road, the handling and power are amazing. the 2.9l has plenty of torque, and the power is trasferred through the road better than most cars. off road, you can put most big trucks to shame. the 4x4 and low range are almost impossible to get stuck in mud snow or trails. accident safety is unreal. i just totaled it by hitting a crown victoria @ 60 then ran into a ditch and flipped 3 times. I walked away w/o a scratch.

reliable
By bobby9988 on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Custom 2dr Regular Cab LB

Only owned it for 2 years. 220,000km on it and have had next to no repairs. Muffler was only problem, body starting to look a little tired but it still gives me no trouble starting, and surviving harsh Canadian winters.

Ford Ranger
By Jan Lockwood on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Ranger Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab SB

Used truck with over 100,000 miles. Has an oil leak that cannot be repaired.Exterior door damaged. Somewhat beat up.

this truck wont die
By 9.03 on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Ranger Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck is the only automobile I have ever owned. I've never truly liked it as the ride isn't too comfortable, and only has room for two but it's been highly reliable. I've never had a concern for it's well being and on numerous occasions have gone well past redline (not sure on that as there is no tach). I've treated it badly, my brothers (only two other owners) treated it badly, it looks bad thanks to a bad aftermarket paintjob, and gets pretty bad gas mileage 14city/23highway I once decided that if the engine siezed up that my parents would buy me a new car, so i didn't put oil in for 6 months (i'm guessing 7,000 miles) but the engine never quit.

I love this truck!
By electricgreen on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

Since buying the truck, I have had few problems. I have replaced wear items, like brakes and the muffler, as well as a head gasket. The truck now has 127,000 miles. It has performed it's duties as daily transportation and work truck well. It has driven us back and forth to work, as well as hauled building materials for home repairs without fault.